I think I made an error...could someone please help me?

dreamgurl

I left a conditioner on my hair for a couple of days and let it air dry, although it is really soft, it is breaking off a little bit. The conditioner didn't have protein in it or anything, but I don't know if I need to shampoo the conditioner out and do a protein treatment or just rinse the conditioner out of my hair and leave it alone. What do you ladies suggest? Thanks for any advice.

It sounds like your hair has been overconditioned. You probably need to add a little protein to your hair to strengthen it.

I would definitely rinse the conditioner out of my hair but I wouldn't do protein treatment just yet. I would just use products that contain protein. And if the breakage continued/worsened, then I would do the protein treatment. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

So just rinse the conditioner out? Not wash it with shampoo? What about using the GPB conditioner as a mild protein overlay to strengthen? (sorry so many questions)

Actually, GPB sounds like a great idea. When I said I wouldn't do a protein treatment right away, I meant hardcore ones like Aphogee. I don't know how often you shampoo your hair, but since a few days have already passed by, I would just do the whole 9....starting w. a fresh shampoo. HTH

Thanks Carlie /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

I thought the GPB sounded like a great idea but wanted to get some extra feedback. I believe this will do the trick. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Back