I think I know what's causing my shedding...

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
So I've been shedding like crazy in this one particular area for a few weeks now and it's really starting to annoy me. So, this morning after I washed my hair, I suddenly realized that when I airdry my hair, I always put it in a scrunchie, twist it, wrap it around, and put another scrunchie over that one to keep the ends from being exposed. I also realized that I always put my ponytail in the same place. And lo and behold, my hair seems to be shedding in that exact same area. So, I'll experiment a little bit and maybe go back to braiding my hair into 2 braids or trying a new airdrying method. I started back using the half bottle of Surge I have left, so, I'll report back on my trial.

So I've been shedding like crazy in this one particular area for a few weeks now and it's really starting to annoy me. So, this morning after I washed my hair, I suddenly realized that when I airdry my hair, I always put it in a scrunchie, twist it, wrap it around, and put another scrunchie over that one to keep the ends from being exposed. I also realized that I always put my ponytail in the same place. And lo and behold, my hair seems to be shedding in that exact same area. So, I'll experiment a little bit and maybe go back to braiding my hair into 2 braids or trying a new airdrying method. I started back using the half bottle of Surge I have left, so, I'll report back on my trial.

That will do it everytime:yep: I am glad you found out before it started causing serious problems. Switch up your airdrying techniques. I rollerset and I have started changing some of my roller placement for this very reason.

The odd thing is that I had told one of my friends to err with caution about this very same thing, and yet, I'm the one who didn't realize that I was doing it to my own hair!!! I do this every night too. Starting tonight, I think I'll be going back to the braids.

Back