I think I just channeled Macherieamour!

jcdlox

I don't know what came over me but smack in the middle of my wash day regimen the magnetic rollers I bought two years ago and only attempted to use once started talkin to me. Next thing I know I'm rollersetting my hair, finished in 30 minutes flat and under the dryer!!! :grin:

So I'm still amazed I actually got the rollers in my hair! Unfortunately my dryer isn't quite big enough for my big head and rollers so the back didn't dry completely. But having come this far I decided to try the saran wrap and avoid that curling iron I had warming up on stand by. I saran wrapped and one side came out great, the other side wasn't smooth so I had to resort to the curling iron for some quick bumps. But overall I'm pleased and motivated to try again.

I think the ah ha for me was using rollersetting as a drying technique vs styling technique. My hair doesn't come out smooth enough for me to just rollerset.

I don't know what came over me but smack in the middle of my wash day regimen the magnetic rollers I bought two years ago and only attempted to use once started talkin to me. Next thing I know I'm rollersetting my hair, finished in 30 minutes flat and under the dryer!!! :grin:

So I'm still amazed I actually got the rollers in my hair! Unfortunately my dryer isn't quite big enough for my big head and rollers so the back didn't dry completely. But having come this far I decided to try the saran wrap and avoid that curling iron I had warming up on stand by. I saran wrapped and one side came out great, the other side wasn't smooth so I had to resort to the curling iron for some quick bumps. But overall I'm pleased and motivated to try again.

I think the ah ha for me was using rollersetting as a drying technique vs styling technique. My hair doesn't come out smooth enough for me to just rollerset.

Awww! That's great! Good for you! I think that MacherieAmour's roller setting video is really great! I think she was the first one that I remember showing how to get the roller on in a way thatmakes the roots dry straighter. I started to make great rollersets the more I tried and I also didn't think of it as a styler but a healthy way to dry hair so definitely keep on trying. The more you do it, the better it will come out!

Even though I first learned how to roller set from MacherieAmour, I learned the most about roller setting from looking at Alraines/ MrsRaine's Youtube videos. In fact she has what she calls a "non tutorial" video that she does rather quickly but if you just take a look at it before you start to roll your hair, it's just as helpful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeygBFOjF-Y&feature=related

In another YouTube video she also made note of how the clips you use will effect the roller set. For instance, there's the metal duck clips that you usually find in the stores and usually everybody uses them but the problem with it is that it sticks out of the roller and doesn't allow other rollers to be put close to it. It's pretty awkward. Also, if the metal sticks out and touches a portion of your skin while you're under the dryer then the metal will get hot and ultimately burn your skin. She had a better clip that has a pocket by where you press down to open the clip and that pocket allows you to slip the clip onto the roller so that everything is inside the roller and doesn't stick out. This allows you to be able to get your rollers closer together without them banging up against each other and there's less chance of the metal touching your skin (like your ear) while you're under the dryer.

I'm attaching a picture that I put on my shutterfly page showing the difference between the two clips. The one on the left is the one that's better. I found this particular clip at a BSS but I never could find it at Sally's.

Hope it helps!

~ Hera

Attachments

• Clips - Best Clip for Magnetic Rollers.jpg
    Clips - Best Clip for Magnetic Rollers.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 30
OP, you'll get better and better. I can rollerset in my sleep now & I have Macherie to thank for it! I've tweaked my style and products, but her "roll, roll, pull" instruction is what did it for me.

thanks Ms Kain! I actually have those clips and they work great! I hadn't seen those videos but I have watched countless others before. I'm still amazed at how much bounch my hair has and how soft it is on day three!!

Awww! That's great! Good for you! I think that MacherieAmour's roller setting video is really great! I think she was the first one that I remember showing how to get the roller on in a way thatmakes the roots dry straighter. I started to make great rollersets the more I tried and I also didn't think of it as a styler but a healthy way to dry hair so definitely keep on trying. The more you do it, the better it will come out!

Even though I first learned how to roller set from MacherieAmour, I learned the most about roller setting from looking at Alraines/ MrsRaine's Youtube videos. In fact she has what she calls a "non tutorial" video that she does rather quickly but if you just take a look at it before you start to roll your hair, it's just as helpful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeygBFOjF-Y&feature=related

In another YouTube video she also made note of how the clips you use will effect the roller set. For instance, there's the metal duck clips that you usually find in the stores and usually everybody uses them but the problem with it is that it sticks out of the roller and doesn't allow other rollers to be put close to it. It's pretty awkward. Also, if the metal sticks out and touches a portion of your skin while you're under the dryer then the metal will get hot and ultimately burn your skin. She had a better clip that has a pocket by where you press down to open the clip and that pocket allows you to slip the clip onto the roller so that everything is inside the roller and doesn't stick out. This allows you to be able to get your rollers closer together without them banging up against each other and there's less chance of the metal touching your skin (like your ear) while you're under the dryer.

I'm attaching a picture that I put on my shutterfly page showing the difference between the two clips. The one on the left is the one that's better. I found this particular clip at a BSS but I never could find it at Sally's.

Hope it helps!

~ Hera

OP, you'll get better and better. I can rollerset in my sleep now & I have Macherie to thank for it! I've tweaked my style and products, but her "roll, roll, pull" instruction is what did it for me.

Oh yeah! That "roll,roll, pull" was the key! It's funny because sometimes when the freakin' roller doesn't want to act right, I actually say it to myself as I start over! :lachen:

Thats great OP. I used to suck at rollersets but I get better thr more I do it. I think when I get to SL I will treat myself to Macherieamour's rollersetting DVD.

Oh yeah! That "roll,roll, pull" was the key! It's funny because sometimes when the freakin' roller doesn't want to act right, I actually say it to myself as I start over! :lachen:

Yes, girl!!! When I get frustrated, I can hear her saying "it doesn't have to be perfect!" and it doesn't. :grin:

Back