I think I have fallen in love with texlaxing

So today, I did my own relaxer (I've done my own relaxer before, no serious breakage, but today, no breakage), I used scalp protectant, and honey shield from Mizani which shields my already relaxed hair from overprocessing.........any way, I used Silk Elements Lye Regular in jar.......and I added CHI silk infusion(love the smell) and did my relaxer. Well.......it came out really GOOD, I mean my hair IS NOT bone straight, and I don't like it bone straight, it has texture to it, I mean some of it is underprocess, but I like it, it's not too straight or too rough, just right, BUT the only thing is my scalp started burning pretty quick, so I didn't keep it in long, and I was 4 months post, so I'm wondering if I go another 4 months will it be thicker and harder to stretch and relax? Since it is underprocess. And I might have to go to mild lye or no lye regular!!! But all is great, I love the texture and the fullness that it has!! Silk Elements did pretty good, it just needs to be easy on the scalp.

Last edited:
I loved texlaxed hair as well. It's the best of both worlds. I think that switching to texlaxing has been one of the stronges factors in eliminating my breakage.

Last edited:
I have DEFINATELY fallen in love with texlaxing. I agree with ajacks, it is the best of both worlds and certainly the best hair decision I've ever made.:grin: I stretch my retouches to 3 months with no problem at all.

I'm glad you're happy with your hair.:yep:

How do you know how long to leave the relaxer on to give just the results you want? I'm going to be texlaxing myslef next go-round, probably in Feb/March....

How do you know how long to leave the relaxer on to give just the results you want? I'm going to be texlaxing myslef next go-round, probably in Feb/March....

there is a texlax thread you can probably gain from, but its literally like reading a million posts. But you you could do it if you have the time. I sorta texlaxed my hair the last time I relaxed it (w MBB) but I'm so slow that I think I may have left it for regular time. I used the one for fine hair but my hair is coarse and thick. You also have to figure out if your hair is resistant because my hair isn't even though it's coarse and thick.

Also, if you have a curl pattern you want to keep, you might not want to smooth as much. I don't have any type of curl pattern, its just wavy so im not concerned w that. there are many things to consider.

The only thing I need to figure out is how long I should leave it in that it's not rough feeling. I know waht youre thinking, its the natural hair.. but it's not- there's something else going on there and i need to figure out the time that is good for me. hth

Back