I think I found a substitute for scurl

Faith

I have been trying all these different products...trying to find something without glycerin which was still moisturizing to replace my scurl. I think I found it (so far so good).

It's the Giovanni vitapro leave in treatment. I use it daily and seal it in with my kemi oyl/wgo mix and my hair is soft without that scurl frizz and tangling. Plus because it's just a spray leave in and oil if I want to wear it down I don't have that gummy, wet scurl look...which usually required a wash before wearing out.

Here is what it looks like and the ingredients:
http://www.shop.com/op/aprod-p18014679-k24-g4-~giovanni+vitapro+-nover?sourceid=13

Click on the picture to find out more about it

Interesting! I love S-Curl but have been looking for a more natural alternative...

... I'm wondering what's the difference in Giovanni Vitapro leave-in and Giovanni Direct leave-in...

Ingredients for vitapro:
Spray-In, Leave-On Conditioner. Enriched With Certified Organic Botanicals. No Animal By-Products. Cruelty-Free. Giovanni® Vitapro Fusion Leave-In Hair Treatment penetrates damaged hair to rebuild and repair. It infuses hair with protein-enriched botanicals, while protecting hair from heat, chemicals, and bad days. Vitamins aren't just good for your body. They're also good fro your hair. When combined with protein, the result is stronger, healthier, shinier. Vitapro Fusion fuses together the best parts of vitamins with the essential elements in proteins to create soft, manageable, beautiful hair. Professional hair. What a treat. Ingredients: Aqua (purified water) with rosemary (Rosmariuns officianalis) oil, †nettle (Uritaca dioca) oil, thyme (thymus vulgaris) oil, birch leaf (butela alba) oil, †chamomile (anthemis nobilis flower) oil, †clary (salvia sclarea), †lavender (lavendula angustifolia), †coltsfoot leaf (tussilago farfara), †yarrow (achillea millefolium) oil, mallow (malva sylvestris), horsetail (equistetum arvense) oil, †soybean protein, tocopherol (vitamin E), trace minerals, PVP/VA Copolymer, citric acid (corn), sodium hydrozymethyl-gycinate, grapefruit seed (citrus derived). †Certified organic in accordance with the California Organic Foods Act of 1990.

Ingredients for direct:
Direct Stay-In Conditioner 8 oz by Giovanni Hair Care Products Direct Conditioner is a stay-in hair conditioner which imparts shine, body and combability to hair. Direct Stay-In Conditioner Giovanni Hair Care Products. With herbs, minerals, sunscreen. Giovanni Direct Stay-In Conditioner with vegetable protein, feeds, nourishes and restores the natural strength and lustre to dry and abused hair. Because it stays in the hair and has sunscreen properties, it is ideal for swimmers and sunbathers. Giovanni Direct is made not to strip hair color, is never tested on animals. Directions: Apply a small amount to wet or dry hair. Comb through to distribute evenly. Style as desired. Do not rinse out. Ingredients: Direct Stay-In Conditioner: Infusion of Rosemary Extract, Nettles Extract, Thyme Extract, Birch Leaf Extract, Chamomile Extract, Sage Extract, StJohn's Wort Extract, Coltsfoot Extract, Mallow Extract, Balm Mint Extract, Horsetail Extract, and Red Clover Extract, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Soy, Soya Sterol, Cetyl Alcohol, Mineral Trace Elements, DL Panthenol, Cinnamate. Provitamin B-5, Vegetable Protein, Sunscreen. Does not contain Laureth, Harmful Oxide Derivatives, Animal Derived By-Products.

Last edited:
I've used this some years ago and it didn't do anything for my hair. But maybe they've changed it. I'll probably try it again when I get some money.

I want to get my hands on some DIRECT. I know a lot of people here like it. I wonder how that would be as a daily moisturizer.

Tene I noticed it REALLY works well when you seal it in with some oil.

Poohbear said:
Interesting! I love S-Curl but have been looking for a more natural alternative...

... I'm wondering what's the difference in Giovanni Vitapro leave-in and Giovanni Direct leave-in...

I have both. The vitapro is a liquid spray leave in and the direct leave-in is a creamy leave-in. I like them both:)

I am trying to find a natural alternative to S-Curl like Pooh I know that many of the ingredients are on the no-no products list but I like how is softens an defines my hair. I have heard many positive things about Giovanni's products I may have to gave in and buy.

This is kinda off subject but does anyone know if conditioner-washing can get rid of S-Curl on the hair??? Or will it just cause more build-up???

Not sure BUT I do know when I used scurl I would need to rinse for a long time to get rid of it. I THINK a Co wash may be enough.

Faith said:
I want to get my hands on some DIRECT. I know a lot of people here like it. I wonder how that would be as a daily moisturizer.

Tene I noticed it REALLY works well when you seal it in with some oil.
Hi Faith
I use Giovanni direct leave-in...I feel it's best used after a wash routine as a leave-in...not as a daily moisturizer...The direct leave-in contains soybean protein...and I notice that if I use too much...my hair gets kind of hard...so if you were to use it everyday...it would probably make your hair hard and brittle.

Faith said:
I have been trying all these different products...trying to find something without glycerin which was still moisturizing to replace my scurl. I think I found it (so far so good).

It's the Giovanni vitapro leave in treatment. I use it daily and seal it in with my kemi oyl/wgo mix and my hair is soft without that scurl frizz and tangling. Plus because it's just a spray leave in and oil if I want to wear it down I don't have that gummy, wet scurl look...which usually required a wash before wearing out.

Here is what it looks like and the ingredients:
http://www.shop.com/op/aprod-p18014679-k24-g4-~giovanni+vitapro+-nover?sourceid=13

Click on the picture to find out more about it

Faith is this moisturizing and does it detangler well? I am in need of a spray detangler that not only detangles well while being moisturizing.

tia,
tishee

I actually really like it and will continue to use it. I find it detangles my hair very well...it could be MORE moisturizing but I have very dry hair so maybe you'll find it very moisturizing. For my hair type it's very good.
I can't wait to try Eqyss rehydrating mist...that combined with this may be perfect :)

Faith said:
I actually really like it and will continue to use it. I find it detangles my hair very well...it could be MORE moisturizing but I have very dry hair so maybe you'll find it very moisturizing. For my hair type it's very good.
I can't wait to try Eqyss rehydrating mist...that combined with this may be perfect :)

thanks Faith! will pick some up today.

Back