i think i did something DUMB.....

Kurly K

i was tired of my hair being black and wanted to lighten it and i knew the only way to get out permanent black was to strip it other than growing it out....so i went to the salon and go it done.....only the black refused to come out completely leavin my hair with a red tint and blonde at the new growth...now i can achieve the color i want but i have to keep it this color until it is safe to color again.....after stripping she used redken recovery treatment and i used dumb blonde reconstructive deep conditioner over nite...my hair is still soft but im ready to be the color i want...i am begging for the patience to wait to recolor. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

pics in fotki

I did the same thing a while. Could you get a rinse until you figure out your next move?

i could but my next move is lighter not darker and a rinse would make it darker.....i wonder how long i would have to wait to do the semi permanent color i want

I was always under the impression that it's better to wait 2 weeks between color treatments, but I could be wrong.

Your hair looks fine the way it is right now, so I think you'll be fine.

Patience my dear. It's better to wait and be relieved that it came out right than to rush and regret it. I know, easier said than done but you'll be glad. Two weeks will come anyway.

well I have very dark hair like yours and the color of my hair in my picture is a rinse so I am sure if I was able to achieve light colors with a rinse you probably could too!! I used Adore in the purple bottle

ok thanx everyone...im deep conditioning today when i get home and straightening so i wont manipulate it so much and ill get a chance to really check this color out...and if not, ill def wait the two weeks to do anything else....

You could've used Color Oops to remove the black hair dye, although it might have taken more than one. Black is a hard color to remove but I think the stylist might have applied the bleach, or whatever she used to strip the color, incorrectly. I'm not an expert, but I think the color/bleach should've been applied to the length first, process for a few mins, then applied to the roots because the roots process faster due to the heat coming out of your head. That might be why the color is lighter at the top than at the bottom.

Just keep up with the deep conditioning treatments and wait 2 weeks to try again. Good luck. Hope this helps.

You could've used Color Oops to remove the black hair dye, although it might have taken more than one. Black is a hard color to remove but I think the stylist might have applied the bleach, or whatever she used to strip the color, incorrectly. I'm not an expert, but I think the color/bleach should've been applied to the length first, process for a few mins, then applied to the roots because the roots process faster due to the heat coming out of your head. That might be why the color is lighter at the top than at the bottom.

Just keep up with the deep conditioning treatments and wait 2 weeks to try again. Good luck. Hope this helps.

that is how she applied it, it turned out like that because my new growth was significantly lighter than the black hair with it being my natural hair color. but thanx :yep: u were the 2nd person to think she did that though

ok after careful observation its not so bad lol i deep conditioned again and straightened and ill def b able to wait two weeks i may even give it a month just to give my hair time to recooperate

n5727454_40822981_4760.jpg

Back