I think Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap is a good no-poo option

*ElleB

And u can use it for so many other things as well, too...
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=40925&catid=47482&trx=PLST-0-SRCH&trxp1=47482&trxp2=40925&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=BUY-PLST-0-SRCH

Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps - "All-One!"
100% Vegan
Health is Our Greatest Wealth
  • No Synthetics, No Detergents
  • Not Animal Tested - 100% Cruelty Free
  • 100% Biodegradable
  • Guaranteed Since 1948
To simplify & enjoy life more, dilute 1/2 oz. or 2 squirts of this pure castile soap with 2 gallons or sinkful hot water, then towel massage a facial pack, then wring towel out & fingertip massage your hair & scalp. Enjoy the creamy emollient lather on baby, bath, beach, body, dentures, mint deodorant, shaving, mouthwash-silk-wool-pets-diapers-car-hand & foot soap.
  1. Always dilute for Shave-Shampoo-Massage-Dental-Soap Bath!
  2. Peppermint is nature's own unsurpassed fragrant deodorant!
  3. 1% & 99% hot water = facial pack, shampoo, hair conditioner!
  4. A dash in glass water = breath freshening Peppermint Soap!
  5. For massage, dilute 1 part in 10 parts hot water! Not oil!
  6. Apply Peppermint Soap undiluted, to clean ant-mosquito-tick-fly!
  7. Dilute with hot water to clean & freshen from head to toe!
  8. Peppermint Oil Soap for Dispensers-Uniforms-Baby-Beach!
  9. 3 dashes in water rinse most Sprays off fruit fruit & vegetables!
  10. 2% soap in water sprays-cleans flowers & fruit
Ingredients:
Water, Saponified Coconut-Hemp-Olive Oils (with retained Glycerin), Olive Fatty Acids, Peppermint Oil, Rosemary Extract

drbronners.jpg

Yes I use Castille Soap as well and I find it to be quite good. It does not tangle my hair and rinses clean away whithout any residue. It has been my staple now for a good year now, I really like this stuff.:)

I don't know what you mean by it being a good no-poo option, but it can really STRIP your hair. A lot of natural shops use the peppermint kind, but they dilute it heavily.

i have found two castile soaps that you do not have to dilute and they are extremely gentle- rinse clean- provide slip and leave my hair feeling soft and silky.

multipurpose liquid castile soap - www.thechemistrystore.com
Trader Joe's Pure castile soap(peppermint) - found at your local Trader Joe's

qtgirl said:
I don't know what you mean by it being a good no-poo option, but it can really STRIP your hair. A lot of natural shops use the peppermint kind, but they dilute it heavily.

:confused: :confused: There are no detergents in it, thats what I meant...Many ladies on here say that it does not strip so I looked it up and found this...It also has great reviews on drugstore.com

I just tried this stuff this week and I like it already as bodywash and it works really good.

You're right I just wanted to make sure that people know that it has to be diluted or it will really dry out your hair.

I come in peace. :p

*ElleB said:
:confused: :confused: There are no detergents in it, thats what I meant...Many ladies on here say that it does not strip so I looked it up and found this...It also has great reviews on drugstore.com

qtgirl said:
You're right I just wanted to make sure that people know that it has to be diluted or it will really dry out your hair.

I come in peace. :p

Yup...It says that in the directions: "Dilute! Dilute!" lol, I'm not kidding...

I know, I think the owners are kooky, have you read everything on the bottle? It's a lil nutso :dizzy:
*ElleB said:
Yup...It says that in the directions: "Dilute! Dilute!" lol, I'm not kidding...

Back