I Texlaxed!

tamikachu =]

So after being natural for almost 3 years i've gone through a lot with my hair and decided to texlax. I absolutely did not want to lose my texture and I just wanted more manageability.

Before (this is the most recent pic I could find)

IMG_0069.jpg

I used Elaxer QP mild relaxer mixed with olive oil, put it in and left it for 10 min. i then rinsed, used aphogee 2 min and neutralized with the elasta qp neutralizing shampoo with the color coded lather. I swear I lathered up at least 5 times. I then deep conditioned with queen helene cholesterol mixed with aloe vera juice, vatika coconut oil, grapeseed oil, shea butter and lavender EO.

IMG_0773.jpg

Fast forward a few days later :roadrunner:

I henna'd!

i used reshma henna mixed with alma powder, very little lemon juice, water, yogurt, grapeseed oil and good ol' vatika coconut oil. I slapped it on and went to bed.

IMG_0777.jpg

Then I indigo'd the next morning with hannah natural indigo powder and dc with the same dc from above about 2 hours after the indigo.

IMG_0779.jpg

I LOVE MY HAIR. it's strong, manageable, soft and I have more hang time! :grin::reddancer:

Glad you were able to find a solution for greater manageability. Your hair looks very full and healthy; I really like the sheen and color that the indigo deposited.

NappyNelle said:
Glad you were able to find a solution for greater manageability. Your hair looks very full and healthy; I really like the sheen and color that the indigo deposited.

Thanks! Im committed to henna and indigo now. At first i was afraid because I read that it can make your hair really dry but thankfully I made a good mix for my dc.

Looks great! It's all about healthy hair that YOU can enjoy. I always say, Natural hair for me is not a Movement. It's a Style Choice. Whatever works for you and your lifestyle! HHJ!!!

Last edited:
Ooooh--Looks good, girl--So thick and healthy! Thanks SO much for the photos!
:clapping:
Finding what works best for our lives...isn't that what it's all about?

I love your results and that fact that it still looks full and healthy. Im all about "do what works for you"

Nice....u leave a lot more texture than I expected

Yeah I really didn't want to change my texture I just wanted manageability.

Is texlaxed hair easier to comb through?

I don't really comb my hair with anything other than my fingers, but it has made fingercombing much easier.

It looks great! How often do you plan on doing it?

Because its not that much of a difference from my real hair, ill probably do it every 6 months, 4 months being the absolute minimum.

I absolutely love the texture. I texlaxed for the first time in July after a 15+ week stretch from bone-straight relaxers. I would love to have your texture. Beautiful. Work dat thang, girl!

Back