I switched to SE lye Regular-- Thanks Sareca!!

onejamifan

Hello ladies. I just got back from getting my hair relaxed after a 4 month stretch and I must say I love Silk Elements Lye Relaxer!!!! After having used Phytospecific Index II for my last two relaxers, I decided to switch. Don't get me wrong, I love the way my hair turned out with Phyto, but I could not see myself paying $60 for the product and then forking out another $65 for the application. After doing a little research and great guidance from the wonderful Sareca, I decided to give SE a try, and boy am I happy I did.

Used the regular strength and applied some Aphogee 2 min Reconstructor before neutralizing. Just left it in for like a minute. After the shampoo, DCd with Redken Real Control masque (trying to use up some of my products) and then rinsed with Porosity Control. Used Lacio Lacio and Oleo Relax serum (again, trying to use up some products) and then had the stylist just blow out the roots. My hair was happy and so was I!!!! Even the stylist thinks the product is good. I will say that my scalp felt a little tender after about 13 minutes, but I just use that as a signal/excuse to tell my stylist to start rinsing and avoid overprocessing. If it would have been up to her, she would have left it in longer. My scalp feels fine and there are no burns or anything of the sort. Definitely going to make this a permanent switch.

Thanks again to Sareca and all the other lovely ladies who took the time to comment on this product. You've made a believer out of me!!!

Check out some pics below or in my fotki. I finally took the time to upload some new pics!

hairchronicles 003.jpg
bling shot

hairchronicles 006.jpg
length shot

hairchronicles 005.jpg
full shot

hairchronicles 007.jpg
angle shot

Congrats.....your hair looks great....I have been using SE Regular Lye Relaxer for about 2 years now, and I love it. It's cheap compared to all the other relaxers I have used in the past, and it gets the job done. I was also using Phyto a couple of years ago, but ITA, it was way too expensive. I actually like their entire line of products.

Your hair looks great!! I made the same switch and I am glad I did.

your hair is gorgeous, i can't wait to get to that length!!!

Congrats.....your hair looks great....I have been using SE Regular Lye Relaxer for about 2 years now, and I love it. It's cheap compared to all the other relaxers I have used in the past, and it gets the job done. I was also using Phyto a couple of years ago, but ITA, it was way too expensive. I actually like their entire line of products.

Your hair looks so beautiful!!!!

Thanks ladies. I've been wearing a smile from ear to ear:grin::grin::grin:. I am very happy with the results and am glad you liked it too!!!

I've used SE regular for 2 1/2 yrs and I love it too. I know it's fresh because the store has trouble keeping it in stock!!!

I relax bone straight.

Your hair is gorgeous.. Im thinking of switching to lye after years of no lye and extreme damage. I just switched from OLIVE OIL NO LYE to AFFRIM NO LYE last perm which was 3weeks.. I wanna use the AFFRIM FIBERGUARD which has lye but cant find it in the store.

So is it safe to go to another relaxer so quickly?

And I also heard that when switching from NO LYE to LYE you do a virgin perm(relax
the whole head).. Is this true? My stylist says no and she's domican so I dont know if they have different methods from black stylist.

Please ladies I need help.. Im going crazy over here with my damaged, broken off hair.

Your hair is gorgeous.. Im thinking of switching to lye after years of no lye and extreme damage. I just switched from OLIVE OIL NO LYE to AFFRIM NO LYE last perm which was 3weeks.. I wanna use the AFFRIM FIBERGUARD which has lye but cant find it in the store.

And I also heard that when switching from NO LYE to LYE you do a virgin perm(relax
the whole head).. Is this true? My stylist says no and she's domican so I dont know if they have different methods from black stylist.

Please ladies I need help.. Im going crazy over here with my damaged, broken off hair.

Let me get this straight

You relaxed three weeks ago right...........If you relax again you may be ********.......members here at least give it eight weeks or more...

I don't know about switching lye or no lye

Damaged hair-Purchase Aphogee 2-minute reconstructor or Organic Root Stimumlator Mayonnaise then follow with moisturizing deep conditioner Humecto,Kenra,Pantene hair mask

Try reading one of my idols article sisterslick
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/286359/hair_care_shedding_or_breakage_understanding.html
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/278612/the_fine_art_of_protein_and_moisture.html?cat=69

Lorraine if you are into watching youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RahI-v-SlxI&feature=related

Let me get this straight

You relaxed three weeks ago right...........If you relax again you may be ********.......members here at least give it eight weeks or more...

I don't know about switching lye or no lye

Damaged hair-Purchase Aphogee 2-minute reconstructor or Organic Root Stimumlator Mayonnaise then follow with moisturizing deep conditioner Humecto,Kenra,Pantene hair mask

Try reading one of my idols article sisterslick
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/286359/hair_care_shedding_or_breakage_understanding.html
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/278612/the_fine_art_of_protein_and_moisture.html?cat=69

Lorraine if you are into watching youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RahI-v-SlxI&feature=related

No im gonna wait to relax im actually stretching to 12 weeks from my usual 8 but I wanna switch from NO LYE to LYE and I was just wondering if that was ok..

Please, do NOT do a virgin perm! Your hair is already relaxed and putting lye all over your head is just going to leave you bald!!! I stretched for about 4 months before getting the touch up with the lye relaxer and the stylist only applied to the NG. I did make sure I applied some coconut and olive oil to the length of the hair (avoid the NG) in order to avoid overlapping and I made sure that I timed the relaxer myself. I did not rely on the stylist to get it out when she "felt" the time was up. I kept my eye on the clock and let her know when she had to remove the product. That helps avoid overprocessing and getting any burns on your scalp.

I personally really like the Nexxus Emergencee/Humectress combo about every 4-6 weeks to make sure I give my hair that extra strength, particularly the week after I get a relaxer. I think we don't read enough about this product on this site, but it is fantastic :)

Is it okay to just switch if you have been using no lye like all your life as long as you don't overlap? Also what happens if you do overlap slightly?

Last edited:
You hair looks great!!!
I am so torn when I read these post and see these fabulous results. Can you keep us posted to know if you have the long lasting results that some say they acheive with the Phyto relaxer system.

Beautiful hair. I did SE but I use no-lye and I loved it too. I meant to pick the lye but got the wrong one but I am so loving my hair. I self relax but whoever I get to put the perm in my hair it will be SE lye for next time and for long time. I got mine on sale for about $4. at Sallys. I cannot remember the last time I paid that for a perm since just started back self-relaxing last week.

Back