I should've recommended she join LHCF...

MiWay

As I'm sitting in the Dominican salon last week, this lady comes in for a relaxer. Her hair was short (about chin length), kind of "eaten up" around her front edges and it looked just about bone straight to me. So I watch as the stylist applies relaxer to her head...she may have had 1/4 inch of new growth, and that was a big MAYBE. I tried to console myself by saying that maybe she just had a blowout a few days ago, and it hadn't reverted yet, but I don't know... So the stylist proceeds to relax over an inch of her hair! :eek: :eek: And she left that relaxer in for like 30 minutes (smoothing...and smoothing...and smoothing...and smoothing..)! WTF?!?! I wanted to beg her to stop, but the stylist barely understood English, and everybody don't want to hear what you think you know about hair...especially when you're not a stylist. I didn't get to see her when I left, but I sure hope her hair turned out okay.

Even tho it was probably heartbreaking to see her hair get even more damaged, it was best that you kept your opinions to yourself. If she didn't ask for your opinion it's best that you don't give it. People are weird about their hair, she may think she the ish, while you and I may think she needs help asap!

:eek: Wow I would've been itching to say something but people are so particualar when it comes to their hair sometimes its best ot keep your opninons to yourself. We need cards or something that we can hand out so we don't have to say anything to offend anyone. I am so sorry for that lady's hair she going look tore up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back