I Should Have Left This One To The Pros!

Cinnabuns

Hey ya'll
I call myself being a beautican and I tried to do my own perm. I should not have done it. However, I've been perming my own hair for years I don't know why it came out wrong. I guess that I did not leave it in long enough and what do you know, it looks like I never permed it at all...new growth everywhere! Maybe I sould have left this one to the professionals
smile.gif

My question is how long do I wait to perm again by a professional of course.

I did the same about 2-3 weeks ago. I am going to have it re-done after 4 weeks. Don't worry, underprocessing is better than overprocessing. Just make sure you let the pro know what you did, so that they can adjust relaxing time if needed. The underprocessed hair has still been in contact with chemical and may not need as much time as usual to process. HTH.

I'm not sure. Maybe 2-4 weeks.
confused.gif

I've missed a SPOT or two when self perming and I redid it as soon as the next day with no problems. But I kept it in for LESS than 5 minutes.

I would NOT recommend this for anyone, especially with lots of areas that are underprocessed.

Explain the situation to the stylist who is going to re-perm it and see what she recommends.
wink.gif

Thank you for the tip ladies, you're the greatest. I'm making my appointment now with a professional hairstylist. Thank's again
smile.gif

Back