I Shingled successfully!

nurseN98 said:
That's beautiful Firecracker!

But girl, you got the patience of Job. I tried shingling once, I think I only made it to a quarter of my head before I was fed up...lol.

ETA: I wish I lived near some of y'all shinglers so y'all could do my hair.

Girl I didn't part and comb as instructed. I parted, slapped and slathered that mess thru out to coat all the hair then kept right on moving. It took all of ten minutes. :lol:
I used a mix of Scurl texturizer and clear I C gel w/sparklites.

Thanks ladies. Thanks Cooyah for posting the pics for my slow behind.
It really wasn't hard or time consuming. I semi dryed it with a diffuser.
Good luck to all the ladies that give it a go.

GORGEOUS....

What hair type do you have? It seems even before the shingling you had some curl definition, no?

Has anybody with wavy...z-shaped hair shingling with success?

Last edited:
Cooyah said:
texturized20001af0.jpg

texturized20002fk1.jpg

texturized20004cw2.jpg

LOOKING GOOOOOOOOOOD

Oh snapps!!! I wish I had your hair! It looks so soft and moist!:up:

Faith said:
GORGEOUS....

What hair type do you have? It seems even before the shingling you had some curl definition, no?

Has anybody with wavy...z-shaped hair shingling with success?

Thanks for the compliments ladies. I think I have 4a or something(I have Countrygals hair type;) ). I have z and s shaped curls naturally but I texturizing a few weeks ago. I had shingled before texturizing but my hair didn't absorb the product as well and it was shorter also.

I actually wore the look for a whole week til I washed this morning. I used scurl texturizer moisturizer to keep it moist and shiny w/baggy at nite. I am still learning about products that maintain a certain level of moisture.

BerrySweet said:
Hmmm, I have both of these products at home right now. How did you hair feel afterwards and how long did it take?

You really should try it. It wasnt hard to maintain at all. My hair wasn't dried out due to the scurl moisturizer and it was still moving in the wind. It didn't take more than 10 minutes to apply and about 10 minute to half dry. I used a blowdryer. I didn't part it or comb. I made sure I slathered the mix over all the hair so that every strand was coated. I really like the I C gel clear. I have the blue but it does nothing on my bush. Thanks to so1913 recommendation and awesome album.

firecracker said:
You really should try it. It wasnt hard to maintain at all. My hair wasn't dried out due to the scurl moisturizer and it was still moving in the wind. It didn't take more than 10 minutes to apply and about 10 minute to half dry. I used a blowdryer. I didn't part it or comb. I made sure I slathered the mix over all the hair so that every strand was coated. I really like the I C gel clear. I have the blue but it does nothing on my bush. Thanks to so1913 recommendation and awesome album.
so you didnt use the blue gel?

your hair looks smashin'!!!

naturaline said:
so you didnt use the blue gel?

your hair looks smashin'!!!

Thanks. I am loving your afro puff in your avatar. It rocks.

No I use the clear w/sparklites because it holds my curl pattern for days. It doesn't dry out my hair either. The blue makes my curls disappear for some reason. :(

Thanks Sweetnic. Your Labor Day pic is so cute and so are you.

firecracker said:
Thanks. I am loving your afro puff in your avatar. It rocks.

No I use the clear w/sparklites because it holds my curl pattern for days. It doesn't dry out my hair either. The blue makes my curls disappear for some reason. :(

Thanks Sweetnic. Your Labor Day pic is so cute and so are you.
thank! im gunna copycat you. hehe

naturaline said:
thank! im gunna copycat you. hehe

Girl with all that wonderously beautiful hair on your head you will put me to shame.:grin: I cannot wait to get some length so I can have a wild big ole bush blowing in the wind. Share your pics when you do it please?

Back