I saw a Tricologist on Friday!

Nice

Hey Ladies,

I finally decided to see a Tricologist for my hair woes.
grin.gif

1. As some of you may remember I started the thread "Stop Deep Conditioning so Much". This was the advice from the stylist that mostly does my wash and sets. She thought that my hair stretched too much when wet. Well the trichologist test the elasticity of mine hair and she said that it was "good". She also too some strands of my hair and noted that I had overall healthy hair (except for a section in the middle).

2. This middle section I have always had a problem with
mad.gif
. The tricologist told me that the protein content was very poor in that particular section and that was the cause of my breakage. She recommended that when relaxing, that area is to be sectioned off and relaxed last. She also "prescribed" some protein treatments for me and wanted me to follow up in like a month.

She always gave me some other information that was very useful.
grin.gif

Was the consultation expensive? I don't mean for you to be specific, but I wonder if the cost were more or less than what general physicians in our area may cost, just to get an idea.

[ QUOTE ]
Dolce_Dawn said:
Good! I'm so happy that you found some answers to your concerns!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you
grin.gif
. Yeah I finally got some answers instead of just acknowledging (some stylist) there is a problem with no real suggestions.

[ QUOTE ]
OnceUponAtime said:
Was the consultation expensive? I don't mean for you to be specific, but I wonder if the cost were more or less than what general physicians in our area may cost, just to get an idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

I spent $60 for the consultation which includes the follow up visit and the products that she prescribed for me to use. I thought that it was worth it
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Neen said:
What products did she prescribe?

[/ QUOTE ]

The products that she prescribed were her own. It is nothing that can be bought in stores. I will at least give them a try
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Aaliyah said:
Was she talking about proteins in your diet or in your hair care products (or both)?

[/ QUOTE ]

She was actually talking about the protein content in my hair.

This is wonderful. Going to a trichologist is probably something that would help a bunch of us if we went.

I'm def going to consider it.

Congrats, Nice!

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
This is wonderful. Going to a trichologist is probably something that would help a bunch of us if we went.

I'm def going to consider it.

Congrats, Nice!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Tracy
smile.gif
smile.gif

I have had the same hair woes for years now(my middle breaking) and this is the first time that someone actually put together a routine for me to combat this problem. I am looking forward to seeing some results
grin.gif

I am going to treat me sister to a consultation too. B/C believe it or not, we are both obsessed with out hair.

BUMPING!!!

I read about Dallas based trichologist Rodney Barnett in Essence magazine and I contacted him cause I've tried everything on my edges and I want to know why they are not growing and if has something to do with a nutrient I lack. He was very efficient in getting in contact with me quickly after I'd reached out to him. He also told me that he will be in Los Angeles between May 16-21.

Has anyone else gone to see one? What did you all think

Back