I saw a bun on the sidewalk.

mly3e

The comb is stuck.
It has been VERY VERY windy in New York the past couple of days. I was walking to Broadway with my head down and saw a pretty bun on the sidewalk
laugh.gif

Please ladies, use the bobby pins. Thats what they are for.
laugh.gif
Lets not be so afraid of damage from a couple of pins, that you would risk having your bun fly off and swept away by the wind.
laugh.gif

I was gonna say that it was because of all of the wind. I did hear the story of a lady with total alopecia who had on a wig and scarf and she sent a letter in to Wendy Williams saying how she went out to lunch in Midtown Manhattan and a strong gust took the hat and wig and she was left standing in a crowd of people with a totally bald head.... Ooooh! I felt for her!!!
nono.gif

Poor thing... Hopefully she was on her way home and not to anywhere special. That happened to me one day in ATL, only when mine fell off, a white man tapped me on my shoulder and handed it to me. He was so nice about it and I was SOOO embarassed. That was when I was growing out a Halle cut and had just enough hair to put in a pigtail...so I attached a fake ponytail to it...apparently not attached enough
frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
a white man tapped me on my shoulder and handed it to me. He was so nice about it and I was SOOO embarassed

[/ QUOTE ] - no!!!! omigoodness! thank you so much for sharing the story. it's funny (now), but i know you were not a happy camper!! goodness!

That is too funny.

Ladies also please remember to add a few extra pin on Sunday morning before church. That is my greatest fear is that in the middle of getting my praise on my phonytail will fall off. That fear doesn't stop me but it is something that I think about.
blush.gif

Please Lord, don't let this happen to me again. A man pulled my bun off with his backpack zipper while on a crowded bus. The bun completed unraveled, and was just hanging down by one bobby pin. It looked like yarn. I flipped my hood on (thank God I had a hood, and stumbled off the bus.) The passengers just hollared(sp). It was too funny. But it still is my biggest when I wear a fake bun today. Please Lord . .

rofl.gif
Oh no
rofl.gif
laugh.gif
(I'm not laughing about the lady with alopecia, the church story or the bus story, I'm laughing about the initial post.) I am still afraid to wear a phonytail or bun for fear of not having it secured properly. That wind is something else, thank God for coats with hoods :-)

rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

Oh my stomach hurts now from laughing! It's a funny visual about walking and seeing a bun lying on the sidewalk but I feel for her. I hope she was going home too (or had a hood or a hat). That's where snoods come in handy.
smile.gif

I had a friend who was denying her heritage so she used a whole lot of heavy makeup to make herself look brown and always wore this fake pony tail that she had bought from our local masquerade shop and had braided it into a zillion small braids.
She was flirting with this bouncer at a club and eventually went home with him.
The next day I go to the club, hadn't heard from her that whole day and he stops me at the door and says, Your friend left something at my house.
He pulls out a pillowcase that is full of brown makeup
sick.gif
on it and her ponytail and hands it to me.
Seems like she hauled early in the morning and left behind her ethnicity in his bed.
He was shocked and asked me if she was white.
Standing there with the proof in his hand I was suprised at the question!
lol4.gif

Too bad she wasn't around!

[ QUOTE ]
sbj4115 said:
[ QUOTE ]
a white man tapped me on my shoulder and handed it to me. He was so nice about it and I was SOOO embarassed

[/ QUOTE ] - no!!!! omigoodness! thank you so much for sharing the story. it's funny (now), but i know you were not a happy camper!! goodness!

[/ QUOTE ]

At the time I wasnt, and I kept it as a private joke to myself for about a year, that's when I finally had the guts to tell somebody and laugh about it
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. At the time I had on a winbreaker, so I just through the hood on and went into the nearest restaurant bathroom and kindly attached it again PRAYING that it was secure at least until I got home. Back then I was very uptight about having my hair short... that growing back from a short cut stage is a
censored.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Nina_deF said:
Seems like she hauled early in the morning and left behind her ethnicity in his bed.

[/ QUOTE ]
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The wind the past few days has been horrible. My hair looked a complete mess after coming in from the outside. I should have put it back in a pony tail.
ohwell.gif

Back