I runined my color...HELP!!!

Tonya

I am SOO distruaght,. I called myself matching up the colors nad bought a rinse in creme soda and my hair is MUCH darker. IS there anything I can do to "lift" this out of my hair without damaging my hair? PLease please please help! I need this rinse out of my hair!!!!

OH NO!!!!!i know how you feel and wish i could offer some sound advice and suggestions.....I hope the color gurus will come to your rescue soon enough....

I'd do a hot oil treatment and use a heat cap... that will take a lot of the color out. Then I'd use a clarifying shampoo, followed by a deep conditioner (again with heat)... this is what I did when I used a Colourshines that I didn't like. It worked!! /images/graemlins/up.gif

Cream soda?--is that a Jazzing color? If so--their rinses tend wash out of my hair in about a week, 2 at the most....so don't fret, you'll get the original color back.

In the past I have used something called "Un-color" to remove color from a rinse from my hair. I honestly don't remember it being damaging to my hair. They have different versions of it at beauty supply stores. This is the one I used
clairol_uncolor_l.jpg

Clairol® The Uncolor System Haircolor Remover
A semi-permanent haircolor remover that is gentle, quick, and easy-to-use, leaving hair clean and ready for color.

I had some awful rinse in my hair once. It took almost an entire bottle of Prell ... that shampoo circa 1980 ... but it took the color right out my hair. It's very high in detergents and I needed a deep, deep, deep conditioner afterwards.

I guess I will be picking up some uncolor AND doing the deep conditioner with heat. I will be back tomorrow with results.

Yes Model chick it was Jazzing....hopefully it comes right out.

Thanks ladies....I feel better now. I walked in today adn everyone was like...what happned? Why did you go and do that?

[ QUOTE ]
In the past I have used something called "Un-color" to remove color from a rinse from my hair. I honestly don't remember it being damaging to my hair. They have different versions of it at beauty supply stores. This is the one I used
clairol_uncolor_l.jpg

Clairol® The Uncolor System Haircolor Remover
A semi-permanent haircolor remover that is gentle, quick, and easy-to-use, leaving hair clean and ready for color.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Kaddy and Denali. This will work. I've used it more than once. Condition well when you use it. it's not damaging, but it's almost like a very harsh shampoo, so you should condition thouroughly.

Don't feel bad. I made the exact same mistake with the exact same brand and shade, and got my color back fine. I used this. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm sorry to hear about your experience, but it looks like the color guru's came to the rescue. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I was wondering, what color did "creme soda" turn your hair?

It's like a walnut brown when you put it on T&T bronze, Kitch. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

It's nice enough, but if you're digging T&T Bronze once you do it, you're bound to freak - the color is a LOT darker. The description of the color is misleading too....I forget what it says exactly, but it's misleading. You almost think your going to get a dark blonde tone.

Awww man, Tonya I'm sorry to hear about this /images/graemlins/frown.gif. I don't know anything about color, but I hope you can get your color back. Let me know how things went with the uncolor and deep conditioning /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

I used that color before and I think it seems like you would get a beige like color. Seeing as how Jazzing is weak I don't quite think you will need uncolor yet. I would and have done what Lindy suggested to get rid of the color.

Well I "uncolored" and I think I got my color back. I need to put something on it becuase it looks brassy I jsut do not know what. I got my Salerm yesterday so I used it with my roller set. Apparently I am doing somehting right my hair si so thick whne I went into the beauty supply store yesterday the chinese lady was like..."You hair pretty, what is that three bags?" I was like no..it is mine...do you know she put her hands in my head???? Mind you my hair is not long AT ALL....but she checked me for tracks! Then she said your hair pretty people paying for thickness like that.....I was like "Um thanks...I think".

But anyways the Salerm made my hair "lighter" in weight but it looks fuzzy. But atleast my color is back

Tonya--just curious because I'm looking for a rinse to put over my highlights--what color did the creme soda turn your hair?--brownish, reddish, etc...thx!

[ QUOTE ]
Well I "uncolored" and I think I got my color back. I need to put something on it becuase it looks brassy I jsut do not know what. I got my Salerm yesterday so I used it with my roller set. Apparently I am doing somehting right my hair si so thick whne I went into the beauty supply store yesterday the chinese lady was like..."You hair pretty, what is that three bags?" I was like no..it is mine...do you know she put her hands in my head???? Mind you my hair is not long AT ALL....but she checked me for tracks! Then she said your hair pretty people paying for thickness like that.....I was like "Um thanks...I think".

But anyways the Salerm made my hair "lighter" in weight but it looks fuzzy. But atleast my color is back

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl I am sitting here laughing because I can imagine the lady saying that. /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif Atleast that is a good sign though. But dang, did she have to go feeling in your hair?
action-smiley-054.gif

I am glad that uncolor worked for you.
grinning-smiley-003.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said: It's like a walnut brown when you put it on T&T bronze, Kitch. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

It's nice enough, but if you're digging T&T Bronze once you do it, you're bound to freak - the color is a LOT darker. The description of the color is misleading too....I forget what it says exactly, but it's misleading. You almost think your going to get a dark blonde tone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Tracy, yeah it sounds very misleading. I'll try a Sebastian colorshines in early Spring, to spruce up my color.

I never heard of Uncolor I love this place. I am so tempted to color again. Tonya I am glad you hair came out the way you wanted. Glad to hear that it is still thick and healthy. Glad you didn't go of on the beauty supply lady.

MC,
It turned my hair a darker walnut brown...had a reddish tone to it. I took pictures. I will post them in a day or two.

KAddy,
I was too hot she put her hand in my head espceially being that chinesse people dig in their nos e allot (I know that is an ugly gerneralization but I can't help it this is my HAIR here!!!)

[ QUOTE ]

KAddy,
I was too hot she put her hand in my head espceially being that chinesse people dig in their nose allot (I know that is an ugly gerneralization but I can't help it this is my HAIR here!!!)

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/lachen70.gif /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif

It is bad, but I too have witnessed too many asians digging up their nose...That is so gross.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

KAddy,
I was too hot she put her hand in my head espceially being that chinesse people dig in their nose allot (I know that is an ugly gerneralization but I can't help it this is my HAIR here!!!)

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/lachen70.gif /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif

It is bad, but I too have witnessed too many asians digging up their nose...That is so gross.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Ya'll are off the chain /images/graemlins/rofl.gif I was thinking about having chinese today /images/graemlins/shocked.gif damn you ruined it 4 me.. I am glad you hair is back to normal Tanya

Tonya- I am sure you still look beautiful regardless of the color.

I didn't know about uncolor. It would have saved me a few embarrasing color rinse incidents.

[ QUOTE ]
OK Sbaker when are you updating?

[/ QUOTE ]

It will be a long while. I just don't have the desire and my camera man has left my job. He was the white co-worker that I posted about a year ago. He was the one that asked was things still really bad for blacks. So I would share stuff with him from this board. In exchange he would take my photos without laughing or telling a soul.

Tonya, I just looked at your photo album and I like your hair color. Your hair does look good and full. I am still mad though that the chinese bss worker put her hands in your hair.
sad-smiley-028.gif

Back