I relaxed my hair yesterday - New pictures

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
I relaxed my hair yesterday using Profectiv Relaxer in regular. I was really happy with the kit and especially the foam neturalizing shampoo.

It got about 80% straight which I like because it left me with some bounce.

I posted pictures in my album of my rollerset after the touchup. They are in my Touch up album.

Also as you can see I have a couple of weak spot near the back of my hair, what do you ladies suggest that I do for that.

Did you do your own roller set? If so, you did an awesome job. Just curious, do you find that the end papers help? I never use them, myself.

Looking good Raquel. :) I can never use those end papers, although I tried the last time, but they get pretty annoying to me because they kept slipping. :ohwell:

Thank ladies,

Webby,

Yes I do my own rollersets. I tried to roll my hair without end papers, but I work faster and neater with end papers, probably out of habit.

Hey Lady!

It is looking so good and shiny too! I'm so glad you are happy with the outcome.

Have you tried surge for those areas. I believe it was Pookey, who got great results! She's one of the ones who inspired me to go the Surge way.

HHG-

~op~

onepraying said:
Hey Lady!

It is looking so good and shiny too! I'm so glad you are happy with the outcome.

Have you tried surge for those areas. I believe it was Pookey, who got great results! She's one of the ones who inspired me to go the Surge way.

HHG-

~op~
OnePraying,

Do you use Surge when wearing your hair down in a roller set and how should I use it.

Your hair looks great Raquel. As a fine haired lady, I especially appreciate the thickness you have. I haven't used Surge, but from what I've read from other posts, you spray it on the scalp where you want the hair to grow, not the hair itself.

LadyR said:
OnePraying,

Do you use Surge when wearing your hair down in a roller set and how should I use it.

I'm not using it now, I'll be starting back up this weekend. I do like Mairaat40 just advised. I part and spray directly on my scalp and follow with oil(I used Wonder 8 oil in the spray bottle) in the morning before work depending on the style(mainly with buns and updos). And at night before bed. I was generally spraying when I hit 10 weeks post. By then I'm doing lots of buns and twistouts. Since I've discovered the joys of rollersets, I started just spraying once a day(during my set).

You can spray on your entire length to detangle, however, I felt like I was wasting it that way.

onepraying said:
I'm not using it now, I'll be starting back up this weekend. I do like Mairaat40 just advised. I part and spray directly on my scalp and follow with oil(I used Wonder 8 oil in the spray bottle) in the morning before work depending on the style(mainly with buns and updos). And at night before bed. I was generally spraying when I hit 10 weeks post. By then I'm doing lots of buns and twistouts. Since I've discovered the joys of rollersets, I started just spraying once a day(during my set).

You can spray on your entire length to detangle, however, I felt like I was wasting it that way.
Ok, I think I have a bottle of Surge that I never used, unless dh got rid of it thinking that I wasn't using it. I will give it a try once a day at night when I am doing my sets.

Thank you ladies for the wonderful comments. ;)

Sometimes I get discourged with my hair and I don't see good, but I can count on your to help me see the good in my hair.

Back