I really want to color my hair!

prettykinks

I'm not sure if I should but I have faded color on the bottom half of my hair that I want to get rid of. I really like the look with one color on top and another on bottom but I have no clue how to do it. I also am not sure what color I want. I was just gonna dye it black but everyone keeps saying it will be hard to get rid of even if it isn't permanent. Will a rinse cover old permanent color? I love auburn, black and browns but not sure what I can do that will look nice for the summer. Any tips will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!! :yep:

no tips... but i really want to streak my bangs with a nice dark auburn...
actually i do have a tip... if you color make sure you're moisturizing deep conditioning is consistent as permanent color can be very drying

A dark rinse will cover over light color, but a light color rinse is not going o have effect on dark hair. "Everyone" is right. Even if you use just a rinse if your hair is porous enough it may have a permanent effect and if you wanted to change the color with permanent color you may not get the results you want. If you go way darker than you would like you would then have to bleach it to lighten it.

I normally do a dark rinse ...but my hair does not hold dark colors at all...so even when I go over black dye with light perm colors it takes it without bleaching .. But No ...a light colored rinse will not take well over black dye perm or semi perm IMHO....
But my results may not be normal...I would love to have Black hair but no matter what I use the black lasts about 1-2 weeks whether it is a perm color or rinse...My stylist gave up on me having dark hair years ago....

Ok prettykinks, here's what I would say. I love the double color look to. More often then not I have a reddish tone on top and a darker on the bottom. But this is just the way I like it :grin: But for you, I would really look into Henna. There are charts, I even have a henna book on PDF lol, that explains it, what it's for and the different ones. :yep: I was grateful to find it. Here's the link http://www.hennaforhair.com/

Now, it has charts to show if your should use henna or indigo, which will give your light to dark colors. This is safer and natural for the hair to help cover even over permanent color. and what is also nice is it bonds to the strands of your hair and dyes intelligently. so I can put a auburn color in mine and it will have lighter, neutral, and darker strands throughout!!! I HTH!!!

Semi-permanent black hair color stuck to my hair like white on rice. I had to use one of those color remover kits. What color is the faded color?

Here's a great thread with alot of ladies sharing their hair color experiences and reggies: Colored Naturals, How's your hair doing?

I asked a billion and one questions in that thread but I realized I'm way too scared. I don't think I'm ever gonna do a permanent....I'm gonna try a cellophane color but thats the furthest I'll go with it. When I wanna change up color I'm gonna do a weave or a wig:yep:

Last edited:
Back