I really need help with this simple style for next week

fluffylocks

Hey yall

Im want to do a simple wrap style for an even next week and i really dont want to go to a salon.

My hair is fine, but it has LOTS of volume and body----I just want it to be sleek and lay down like the first picture....but it has so much volume and body that it looks like the second. no lie. :nono:

disturbiaprem2.jpg

hair_volume_model.jpg

So what products should i use, and what should i do?

Im not to good at a rollerset to whip that out for next week, and i know that it will just give me more body and volume.

I usually airdry in a tight ponytail, bun, braid, or bantu knots and flatiron.

It does react MUCH better to my ampro pressing oil (The volume got reduced like 40%) than to serums, oil, or any other heat protecants i've tried.

I dont know if its just my hair or what---i've been to the salon a couple of years agon when i first started and my hair layed down and was sleek, but my hair was also really thin because of damage :ohwell:

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :yep:

Well Im sure plenty of ppl would like to have ur problem! lol....very few ppl complain about their hair being too THICK....too thin? yes. Too thick? Not usually! ;) Hmm....well most ppl willl rollerset and wrap for body so I would say blow dry and flat iron only. It usually leaves less body than rollersetting and wrapping. I would use the paul mitchell skinny line to smooth it out as much as possible and flat iron with the serum. Use very small sections to flat iron. Then I would wrap and saran wrap for shine and movement. HTH!

Hey yall

Im want to do a simple wrap style for an even next week and i really dont want to go to a salon.

My hair is fine, but it has LOTS of volume and body----I just want it to be sleek and lay down like the first picture....but it has so much volume and body that it looks like the second. no lie. :nono:

disturbiaprem2.jpg

hair_volume_model.jpg

So what products should i use, and what should i do?

Im not to good at a rollerset to whip that out for next week, and i know that it will just give me more body and volume.

I usually airdry in a tight ponytail, bun, braid, or bantu knots and flatiron.

It does react MUCH better to my ampro pressing oil (The volume got reduced like 40%) than to serums, oil, or any other heat protecants i've tried.

I dont know if its just my hair or what---i've been to the salon a couple of years agon when i first started and my hair layed down and was sleek, but my hair was also really thin because of damage :ohwell:

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :yep:

Hi! OT: Is this you? You're pretty!

O.K...I have thick hair too, and to get that look I normally flat iron lightly on low heat and then wrap it up loosely just using my fingers and a brush to put the wrap in place. Also, I use very little product while flat ironing.

Hi! OT: Is this you? You're pretty!

O.K...I have thick hair too, and to get that look I normally flat iron lightly on low heat and then wrap it up loosely just using my fingers and a brush to put the wrap in place. Also, I use very little product while flat ironing.

(Nah, none of those are me --Camile Winbush :yep:)

Thankyou qt----so what do you use? Shampoo, conditoner, leaveins, oils, your flatiron....Tell me everythang! (please) Do you airdry first?

(Nah, none of those are me --Camile Winbush :yep:)

Thankyou qt----so what do you use? Shampoo, conditoner, leaveins, oils, your flatiron....Tell me everythang! (please) Do you airdry first?

Really? She looks so different lol!

Well, normally I prepoo w/ a protein conditioner and amla oil then wash w/ CON poo. Then I use a deep conditioner (ors or ntm) and sit under a dryer for 30 mins to make sure it penetrates. After that I normally airdry, but if I have alot of NG, I will blow dry w/ some heat protectant. Then I use Keracare's Creme Press on my ends and flat iron on medium heat in small sections.

Make sure you tie your wrap down with a nice silk scarf. That may help smash it down and flatten it for you.

Back