I REALLY LOVE HIM SO MUCH

lisana

my dh has a good friend in Texas, we live in the midwest. Said friend has been wanting DH to come to Texas for the longest to help him finish rehabbing his home. So DH and I were going to go together sometime this year. Friend calls and says now is the time and he will pay for DH airline ticket. However, I probably shouldn't come because the house is a mess and he and DH wil be working all the time, yada, yada, blah! So DH and i discuss this and I ask "he is paying you right?" I ask because DH will be gone from Thursday to Tuesday and that mean he ain't getting paid cause he works for himself. Anyway, DH says "OF COURSE" like I have lost my damn mind to even consider he ain't getting paid....I pick this damn man up yesterday and he giving me the whole spill on the visit and how friend purchased $6,000 worth of flooring and how he got this and that and his 1500 dollar memory foam mattress. He never mentions his check, right. So I KNEW something was off but I didn't ask "where the check?" so last night we are out to dinner with the family and lil 16 yr ol cousin is like "how much he pay you" and I look at cousin like ain't none of yo dang business (the whole table just looking, waiting) DH didn't say a word, so I KNEW this man did not get PAID. So this morning, I tell him to give me the check so I can deposit it for him and

he says "that's ok"

I say "Are you going to have time to do it today?"

He say's "No"
I say " Well, let me do it then"

He says " he didn't pay me'

I say "what, I specifically asked you if he was paying you and you looked me right in the face and said yes"

he says "well, I thought he was going to pay me something, but I owed him some money, blah, blah"

I think "what do you mean you owed him some money, you don't OWE him shyt...you can't possibly mean you owe him for the tickets, cause why in God's name would he pay for you to fly out there to help him and then expect you to turn around and work 6 days to pay for the tickets, it's not like he paid the tickets for you to take a vacation ?!'

so I just left it like that, I am so pissed right now. now I'm supposed to treat him with love and patience, right...but I want to ring his GD neck, right, but I need to meditate and reflect and speak and think with love and wisdom, right. I know, but I have to let this out cause I want to call his friend up and curse his arse out, right. I'm done with my rant, that is all

my dh has a good friend in Texas, we live in the midwest. Said friend has been wanting DH to come to Texas for the longest to help him finish rehabbing his home. So DH and I were going to go together sometime this year. Friend calls and says now is the time and he will pay for DH airline ticket. However, I probably shouldn't come because the house is a mess and he and DH wil be working all the time, yada, yada, blah! So DH and i discuss this and I ask "he is paying you right?" I ask because DH will be gone from Thursday to Tuesday and that mean he ain't getting paid cause he works for himself. Anyway, DH says "OF COURSE" like I have lost my damn mind to even consider he ain't getting paid....I pick this damn man up yesterday and he giving me the whole spill on the visit and how friend purchased $6,000 worth of flooring and how he got this and that and his 1500 dollar memory foam mattress. He never mentions his check, right. So I KNEW something was off but I didn't ask "where the check?" so last night we are out to dinner with the family and lil 16 yr ol cousin is like "how much he pay you" and I look at cousin like ain't none of yo dang business (the whole table just looking, waiting) DH didn't say a word, so I KNEW this man did not get PAID. So this morning, I tell him to give me the check so I can deposit it for him and

he says "that's ok"

I say "Are you going to have time to do it today?"

He say's "No"
I say " Well, let me do it then"

He says " he didn't pay me'

I say "what, I specifically asked you if he was paying you and you looked me right in the face and said yes"

he says "well, I thought he was going to pay me something, but I owed him some money, blah, blah"

I think "what do you mean you owed him some money, you don't OWE him shyt...you can't possibly mean you owe him for the tickets, cause why in God's name would he pay for you to fly out there to help him and then expect you to turn around and work 6 days to pay for the tickets, it's not like he paid the tickets for you to take a vacation ?!'

so I just left it like that, I am so pissed right now. now I'm supposed to treat him with love and patience, right...but I want to ring his GD neck, right, but I need to meditate and reflect and speak and think with love and wisdom, right. I know, but I have to let this out cause I want to call his friend up and curse his arse out, right. I'm done with my rant, that is all

You are doing the right thing. I know you are upset and I'm sure your husband is too. Just don't bring it up anymore...it may make him feel like he was taken advantage of, bad, etc.... Just love and support him. I'm sure his goodness will come back on your family and as far as his "friend" goes.....karma will take care of him because he know he was wrong!

You are doing the right thing. I know you are upset and I'm sure your husband is too. Just don't bring it up anymore...it may make him feel like he was taken advantage of, bad, etc.... Just love and support him. I'm sure his goodness will come back on your family and as far as his "friend" goes.....karma will take care of him because he know he was wrong!

Thanks for saying this..truly wise words. i know this is so true and what I need to do... I just needed to hear someone say it. Thank you so much!

what do you mean....what would the friend say if hadn't been paid or what DH would say if he were me?

What would DH say to you if you did some work for someone, a lot of work, and didn't get paid? Would he be upset about it?

I have to say that DH always speaks to me with kindness and love in his heart...but I keep saying to myself "ain't no way, I would have not gotten paid, I just don't trust folks to do right by me like that, sorry but I would have made dang sure that me and my friend had a talk and laid it out all on the table before I set foot on the plane." But DH is different, he trusts FIRST, then it's up to you to show you can't be trusted. but with me, you have to prove you can be trusted first, am I making sense. But he is full of so much sweetness and kindness that I just can't stay mad at him, but I am mad, AGHHH! I made him some pot roast today, i slow cooked it all day....I was seething but I still cooked it. Sometimes love makes you want to kick rocks:grin:

Last edited:
Back