I reached my first goal!

hopeful

Hi ladies, I just wanted to share. I've been working on growing healthy hair for the past 10 months. When I joined LHCF in December '04 I was relaxed and my hair was severely damaged, particularly in the back. I did a bc the end of January '05 and was completely natural up until July when I texturized it. Tonight I fully relaxed with Vitale Life & Body. Anyway, I just wanted to share that my hair has gone from a broken off hot mess, less than a 1/4 inch in the kitchen area, to neck-length. I stopped paying so much attention to it the past couple of months but was still extra careful with my hair. After relaxing this evening it felt so good to feel hair on my neck. My next goal of course now is shoulder-length!:grin:

Check out the pics in my album, no password needed for this folder.
http://public.fotki.com/2Pretty4Words/hair_albums/private_for_now/

Thanks LHCF ladies for all of the wonderful inspiration and advice!

Faith said:
Looking good :)

How was the relaxer?

Thanks. The relaxer worked out very nicely. I didn't burn at all, at the end I think I felt a little tingle but that's all. I added two tablespoons of olive oil to the relaxer.

Hopeful,

Congratulations. Your hair has really grown out. I am glad to see you are keeping it healthy rather relaxed or natural.

Back