• Yes cut it and relax it and enjoy

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • No dont cut it, suck it up. You may like it at a longer length

Votes: 27 67.5%
  • other (explain please)

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters

Detroit2Dallas

I quit! I'm cutting!!....I think...(((Pics n Poll)))

Ok I'm so over this hair. I have been thinking about this for a while. Today it started with an urge to trim and befor eyou know it I "trimmed" a little more, then some more......

My hair in the back is sl, the side is chin length and the bangs are to the bottom of my lips but I'm just plum tired of it. There is no variety in this hair. I wear it down and it looks great but I'm stuck with one style. When i wear it natural I'm stuck with two styles. I've gotton to the point where I'm wearing it in ponytails most of the time because having this hair on my head is HOT. I hate the way the hair feels on my neck especially if its wet. I'm so over it, I'm done.I think :lol:. I decided to see if my lhcf can help me out. So VOTE!!!!

o yeah did I mention that I've started cutting one side, but only like an inch :lachen:
I think I'm ready to go back to my short and sleek cuts but than all my growing is going to go down the drain.

What to do?

Last edited:
patience you must have young padawon

Picture31.png

Last edited:
I was about to say "quick, someone get over there and get her scissors" but you already started. :giggle: Nothing to do now but cut it (and post pictures so we can see).

you and your hair are beautiful. but i see what you mean about the long hair not being as jazzy. if you overall feel better with short hair i say cut it. when you decided to grow it, it will grow.

I was about to say "quick, someone get over there and get her scissors" but you already started. :giggle: Nothing to do now but cut it (and post pictures so we can see).

LOL yeah I started but I havent make a big drastic cut, I figured I would even it out and put it away so I dont have to feel it or look at it....or I could really just do the real cut

Last edited:
I totally understand what you mean when say long hair isn't "jazzy" I loved my hair short (it was the maintenance that killed me) and it gave me instant sex appeal! Some women prefer short hair and if that's you, then do it (but think it through first!)! As long as it's healthy, you're good. And you're so pretty, you can pull it off.

I voted to cut and relax, but my real answer is for you to do whatever you need to do to enjoy your hair. If you don't enjoy it, what's the point?

I guess it depends on taste. I like your hair better when it's longer, and I think it may look even better when it's even longer.

Short hair suits you too, so it's really up to you. I know for me I did the short hair thing for so long that it really just became a matter of switching it up.

You look gorgeous with short hair, I can see why you want to cut, but then you look lovely with the length too. You've got to do what's best for YOU!

hey girl! Imma need your skin reggie

Second,wow u r georgeous (no homo) You look great either way, u truly do, but I love long hair so imma have to ask u to step away from the scissors b4 u do some real damage.

thank u, and goodnight!

Perhaps you can do a shorter bob cut...to allow sides and back to grow together??? I would not cut it as short again. It looks really pretty either way though.

Wait! Before you cut are you willing to work with something else like a wig or weave? I know of 2 options that look exactly like your cut in the pic you posted and both look VERY natural. Lemme go find the pix and post.

Oh and I feel you about having short hair. I LOVE short edgy cuts and I have worn them forever. I look and feel more attractive with short and edgy or really long. Shoulder length or anything between neck and apl is so BLAH on me.

Ok so I went to the beauty supply store to get a relaxer and nuetralizing shampoo ( i used to use motions) and I started talking to a lady about how I cut half of my head a inch but havent done the other side (I had on one of those half knit hats) and how I was going to cut it all the way down and relax it again. And then SHE started talking about how relaxers jacked HER head up and turned to the side to show me her bitten up edges and....I punked out and put the relaxer back. Cause I'm def not going to just cut it and wear a twa again (been there done that) I would have to relax it to wear it in the style I want. So basically to make a long story short after seeing a hairline that looked like it was on strike and NEVER going back to work I came home, cut the inch off the other side of my hair and am sitting here with a DC lol...But if that lady and her funky hair wasnt there I would be cutting away lol. Maybe that was a sign....smh *sigh*

False alarm folks, nothing left to see ((((SMH))))

Why don't you get a wig (s) if you want short or different styles for a change up. Once you cut, it will take a long time to grow back. Give it some time and see, once you get your hair to a certain length, you can do layers with your longer hair and lots of accessories. You can have your hair straight or curly. If you can handle your natural hair, stay natural for more diversity if not relax and keep your current length. I think hair is just one part of what gives you that jazzy over the end factor. Good luck in whatever you decide. We are all behind your decision. HHJ!

LOL, you're so funny! I'm glad you didn't do it. What about playing with some updos or tucking/wrapping your hair under so it looks shorter? The thing about cutting hair is that while yes, it does grow back, but if you want it long again it will take years most likely (especially if you are natural and dealing with shrinkage). And trust, "grow" mode is much harder than "maintenance" mode. I used to have long(ish) hair (APL) and I cut it to chin length in HS because I wanted to look older, and then every time it started growing out I'd hit that funky awkward stage, then chop it again. Now, I want to look younger, so I'm never cutting it again...lol.

Your hair looks pretty either way but I'm glad you didn't cut it. You look like my hair twin so I know EXACTLY how you feel and I used to wear the same cute pixie cut you did too. I kicked myself several times because I caved into the urge of cutting and had to keep starting over just because I couldn't get past the boring in-between stage. I miss the hair compliments I used to get on the Halle Berry Swordfish cut.... boy oh boy do I miss them LOL. But I keep thinking about the compliments I'll get when I get past this stage.

So keep sacrificing because the more you sacrifice now the better the payoff will be.

Enjoy your hair!!

When you rocked it real short with the cute *** natural curls, what did you have in your hair? Did you texlax or that is just product? It looks awesome!!!

I miss my short wash & go hair too in this heat ...so I feel where you're coming from. Have you tried different updo's those can be jazzy as well?

I think you should rock a short weave....I get Kerri Hilson sew-ins all the time. I I attached a pic so you can see! I kept the bangs long and its no further than my nape in the back, since this was the first crop cut that I tried. Looks believable to me but please believe I still have my hair underneath lol, plus when it gets cold you will miss your longer hair!

Attachments

• 35556.jpg
    35556.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I feel you sooooo much! I too had that certain itch(and I always seem to have it when I get this far in my progress and around this season). I totally miss my short hair and the looks, stares and compliments that went with it. I stood out, now I feel like I blend in. But short hair is jazzier and "fiercer" to me, than long hair.

Anyway, I'm glad you waited. At least get to your goal(a realistic one) to see if you want to cut. And if the urge still strikes, than maybe you are a short-haired girl. In order to know if you REALLY love short hair sometimes you have to try it long to know for sure. And you never know, you may actually like it long.

Also add to that, I love short hair but think of the thin spots I had that was very visible with a relaxer is what keeps me from going back. To some scalps, relaxers do quite the damage.

I think you should do what you want to do and not what other ladies want you to do.

If you want to cut it, cut it. If you want to relax it, relax it. If you want to grow it, grow it. If you think something is ugly, change it. If you can't change it or dont want to change it, change the way you think about it.

Ooooh you had the cut I have been lusting over! Halle had that cut but I was too scared! I say hid your hair under a wig or something and take extra good care of it!

Back