I PUT A PERMANENT COLOR IN AND ONLY LOST TWO STRANDS OF HAIR!

MissFallon

I am so happy. Last night I put a permanent black color in my hair to get rid of this brown on my ends. I used Dark and Lovely because it had been sitting on my dresser for about 6 months and I needed to get rid of it. I was skeptical because I used their relaxer about 4 weeks ago and it underprocessed my hair and damaged it a bit. After I put the color in and rinsed it out I used Motions CPR and left it in for about 1.5 hours. When I rinsed it out my hair was so silky and when I combed it out I only lost two strands of hair. I opted to try a new leave in (Sunsilk De-Frizz) and let it ardry hanging down. I flat ironed it after and didn't lose any hair at all. I used a pea size of the IC Fantasia Straightening Heat Protectant Serum to flat iron with a regular ceramic iron. My hair is so silky and soft now..I'm loving it!:D

Last edited:
redRiot said:
Hey, thanks for this review. I've been looking for a nice black dye. I'll be looking into this.

Yeah I thought it was going to take all of my hair out...I was really surprised and impressed with it, but I also think it is because my hair was in good health. I wouldn't recommend it if your hair is damaged.

naturaline said:
sounds good!
by the way did you apply your LF yet?

not yet. I decided to get a couple of tracks in and keep them for a week so I will do it this weekend or early next week. I have pics of the unit itself in my fotki tho.

Dark & Lovely....hmm, I'm glad that worked for you. I remember that was the very first brand of permanent dye that I used in my head. While Dark & Lovely may be nice (it smells horrid to me), I would like to recommend another brand of permenent hair color that you can use. Try the new Optimum hair color (in a tube; you can find it at Sally's). To me, it's better for your hair and while color can be damaging, this hair color tries to minimize the damage that color can cause. Just make sure that you buy the Creme Developer to go along with it. Me, I'm staying away from color for a long time. I've applied 6 various hair colors to my hair within the past year and a half, and now I'm suffering the consequences. Honestly, I would say to try the Optimum the next time that you color :).

TSUprincess04 said:
Dark & Lovely....hmm, I'm glad that worked for you. I remember that was the very first brand of permanent dye that I used in my head. While Dark & Lovely may be nice (it smells horrid to me), I would like to recommend another brand of permenent hair color that you can use. Try the new Optimum hair color (in a tube; you can find it at Sally's). To me, it's better for your hair and while color can be damaging, this hair color tries to minimize the damage that color can cause. Just make sure that you buy the Creme Developer to go along with it. Me, I'm staying away from color for a long time. I've applied 6 various hair colors to my hair within the past year and a half, and now I'm suffering the consequences. Honestly, I would say to try the Optimum the next time that you color :).

The only reasons I used that one was because I bought it so long ago and needed to color my hair to put the tracks in (cuz it was half brown half black and I bought black hair). I usually don't color my hair. I was doing a rinse in black but they would make my hair dark brown instead of black and I would have to redo it everytime I wanted to wear my hair down every couple of weeks. I went to get the bigen but the guy took forever to get the hair and they were rushing me out the store cuz they were closing so I forgot to ask for it cuz it was behind the counter. I dont plan on coloring ever again, especially since I discovered lacefronts and I don't have to color my own hair I can just put that on and then i'm a brunette. I really wanted to try the bigen though...maybe in a couple of years after I'm well beyond my goal and my hair is in great health.

I use CON black

I love that stuff :lol:

I had to do perm color cuz my hair had a green tint to it :lol:

Last edited:
KhandiB said:
I use CON black

I love that stuff :lol:

I had to do perm color cuz my hair had a green tint to it :lol:

Maybe this is what I will have to do...my hair looks like a has a turquiose - ish tint to it :lol: ...although I still really like it. I used an Adore rinse and like it a lot.

CON makes hair color??

Yes Ma'am they do :D

and rinses just dont do it for me :lol:

Just took the plunge and I really like their color :)

2cute2B4gotten said:
Maybe this is what I will have to do...my hair looks like a has a turquiose - ish tint to it :lol: ...although I still really like it. I used an Adore rinse and like it a lot.

CON makes hair color??

yeah, CON makes a hair color. That was the 2nd color that I put in my hair; it was like a Bronzy type color. I just remember it having a sable skinned woman on the front with short bronze colored coils. After Dark & Lovely and CON, I switched to Texture Tones for my next 3 colors and Optimum for my last one.

Texture and Tones is how I got the lighest color I ever had..
Their color is really good.

One thing I love about CON color is that one box does the trick..
T&T I had to use 2 boxes..

TSUprincess04 said:
yeah, CON makes a hair color. That was the 2nd color that I put in my hair; it was like a Bronzy type color. I just remember it having a sable skinned woman on the front with short bronze colored coils. After Dark & Lovely and CON, I switched to Texture Tones for my next 3 colors and Optimum for my last one.

I used dark and lovely to put a medium brown in my hair, and revlon twice tp put a lighter brown in. I also used one of those creams that you have to mix with the activator (don't remember the brand) but it was too strong for my hair. Next time I want to try a light brown color that is really light brown cuz I usually get it to a medium brown like #2 or #4. What brands/colors do u put on black hair to lighten it to like a nice light brown color like queen latifah rocks?

Back