I noticed my hair has become more resistant to relaxers

Qualitee

Is that a good or a bad thing?:look:
Its taking longer and longer for my hair to relax, with normal and resistant relaxer creams.

Has your body gone through any major changes? My hair became more resistant to relaxers after I gave birth; so I assuming it was the result of my body's changes during pregnancy. My hair is still resistant in that it my hair does not stay straight as long as it used to.

Has your body gone through any major changes? My hair became more resistant to relaxers after I gave birth; so I assuming it was the result of my body's changes during pregnancy. My hair is still resistant in that it my hair does not stay straight as long as it used to.
Nope:nono: no babies:lol:

look thats why i consider myself texlax because it never comes straight it just curls back up i swear its a waste to perm this head of mine i wish my mom never permed it

isn't there a thread about acid, or drinking pop, messing up the relaxer results? i know i read it on this forum, i think.

do you drink pop?

somebody please help me and Quailtee. i can't post threads yet.

Is that a good or a bad thing?:look:
Its taking longer and longer for my hair to relax, with normal and resistant relaxer creams.

I agree with you every since I have been regularly taking vitamins, chlorella & super green foods, I have noticed that my hair is more resistant to relaxers and even, heat. It just means your hair is getting healthier.

Ummmm, I’m not sure what to say here. I’ve used the same relaxer for 2 year, my hair has gotten thicker so I now use more cream but the processing time and relaxer strength is the same; I just use 2 applications instead of one (it could be cause I stretch longer now). Maybe your hair needs more relaxer, not necessarily more time.

Chances are it is healthier since you have been taking care of it. Unhealthy hair isn't very resistant, because it's already broken down and the relaxer doesn't have to do much to break it down. Healthy hair, on the other hand, is just the opposite. It is intact and the relaxer has to work to break down such intact hair.

Chances are it is healthier since you have been taking care of it. Unhealthy hair isn't very resistant, because it's already broken down and the relaxer doesn't have to do much to break it down. Healthy hair, on the other hand, is just the opposite. It is intact and the relaxer has to work to break down such intact hair.

I hope this is the case for me too, cause since I been on the board taking care of my hair differently, I haven't had a bone straight relaxer in AGES, no matter how thick the application or how long I keep it on. :spinning:

My ends are texlexed....

I had the same problem with my last few lye relaxers. I finally had to break down and start using no lye again with better results.

I just attributed it to my hair's love for protein; I dc with protein and moisture with every wash. My hair strands are thicker/coarser as well. I could be wrong of course :) just sounds good.

Qualitee you got that "skrong" stuff :giggle: I think it's good but that's just my opinion. Keep your hair moisturized if nothing else

mine as well....its crazy i've used lye and no lye after i stopped transitioning after 10 months and my hair is still curly from my roots down to the middle of the shaft....so i figure its protein and i think i might as well just stop relaxing cuz CHILE IT AIN'T WORKIN:lachen:

That's why I consider myself texlaxed as well. It won't get bone straight at all. It will only straighten to a certain degree.

Back