I never wore a drawstring phony before....

fancypants007

and I am loving it! This is my protective style until the end of december. I was wearing a bun and I was moisturising my hair every AM/PM and I just thought it was too much manipulation. Per Ayeisha's suggestion I got a instant synthetic phony which was OK, but I got a human hair one by Freetresses I believe and I absolutely love it. It is not big and overpowering and the curls are soft. I don't handle my hair that much anymore, only when i wash it on saturday. I sleep with my hair in the phony pony because I make sure it is not tight and I can freely move about. I just put my satin cap on and in the morning just touchup edges if I have to. Most times, I don't have to. This style saves me 15 minutes in the morning so I am definitely loving that. I do see some shedding when I take my hair down on wash day so i purchase some alter ego "CREN" and hopefully hope the shedding will decrease somewhat. I just wanted to share.

fancypants007 said:
and I am loving it! This is my protective style until the end of december. I was wearing a bun and I was moisturising my hair every AM/PM and I just thought it was too much manipulation. Per Ayeisha's suggestion I got a instant synthetic phony which was OK, but I got a human hair one by Freetresses I believe and I absolutely love it. It is not big and overpowering and the curls are soft. I don't handle my hair that much anymore, only when i wash it on saturday. I sleep with my hair in the phony pony because I make sure it is not tight and I can freely move about. I just put my satin cap on and in the morning just touchup edges if I have to. Most times, I don't have to. This style saves me 15 minutes in the morning so I am definitely loving that. I do see some shedding when I take my hair down on wash day so i purchase some alter ego "CREN" and hopefully hope the shedding will decrease somewhat. I just wanted to share.

I'm doing the same thing! I got the Phoney Pony recommened on this site, just ordered it yesterday. I didn't know you could sleep in them. Seems like that would cause friction breakage?? Anyone have any thoughts on this? I just got unbraided and relaxed and I just want to pamper my hair back to health, which will take time but I'm a length junkie so the phony pony is a win win ! My hair can rest, and I can still be cute! LOL Post a picture of you in your pony, I wanna seeeee! :lachen: :D

What kind of pony did you get? I did a google but I couldn't find anything. I want to get a another pony

AtlantaJJ said:
I'm doing the same thing! I got the Phoney Pony recommened on this site, just ordered it yesterday. I didn't know you could sleep in them. Seems like that would cause friction breakage?? Anyone have any thoughts on this? I just got unbraided and relaxed and I just want to pamper my hair back to health, which will take time but I'm a length junkie so the phony pony is a win win ! My hair can rest, and I can still be cute! LOL Post a picture of you in your pony, I wanna seeeee! :lachen: :D

I have a baggie on my hair protected underneath the phony pony so if any friction it would be rubbing against the baggie but I could be wrong. It's very odd but I don't put the hairpiece all the way on my own ponytail, its very loose, I mean loose on my head and I can turn to the left, to the right, down, and up and feel no pressure on my own hair. I put it in the middle of my own ponytail and I then secure it with the drawstrings. That way the scrunchie I use on my own hair is showing and it really looks like my own curly hair put in a ponytail. I cut out the comb attachment and so I just have this hair puff on the top of my hair. Many of the long-hair ladies put their hair in braids or a ponytail and go to bed so to me it is the same difference. To be perfectly honest, I'm more concerned about the baggie on my hair because I hear that too much moisture can cause breakage. I'm just testing the waters to see if it will work for me. So far so good. I really don't remember what kind it was because I threw away the packaging but it is by Freetresses. The lady in the bss found it for me and it was only $11.99 and I told her I would try it. Now I have to go back and ask her what kind it was. Also because of the henna treatments, I got the instant pony in 1B/33.

fancypants007 said:
It's very odd but I don't put the hairpiece all the way on my own ponytail, its very loose, I mean loose on my head and I can turn to the left, to the right, down, and up and feel no pressure on my own hair. I put it in the middle of my own ponytail and I then secure it with the drawstrings. That way the scrunchie I use on my own hair is showing and it really looks like my own curly hair put in a ponytail. I cut out the comb attachment and so Also because of the henna treatments, I got the instant pony in 1B/33.

Thanks for that tip too, that seems like it would be less friction, I think the concern is where the phony attaches to your hair there will be a little wear, that's why I think I would like to take it off and move it a little every day so that it's not on the exact same spot every time. I have one that I move up high on my head sometimes and then some days I wear it lower towards the nape of my neck.

I love Sebastians Cellopanes like you love Henna! I think the thing about them both is that they coat the hair shaft and help seal up the cuticles which give the hair good body (mine is fine) and gives it a sheen. I remember using henna long ago when I was very young, then I tried to lighten my hair about a month later, only my roots took the color, I looked like a dog-gone clown!! Why did my parents let me do that to myself! LOLOLOL :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Workouts and Phony Ponys

I just saw Janet Jackson on ET and man she looks good. She is rocking those pony tails everywhere!! This is my answer from heaven concerning working out as hard as I want and still looking good! I am going to try human hair and synthetic ponys to see which can stand up best to the sweat.

And yes, I will baggie, and co-wash... the thing is I can work out, keep my body right and tight AND keep my wig from looking so busted all the time!!

LOL :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Hey ladies,

I've never worn one, but I would like to try, especially now that I want to step up my workouts too. I get lax in the summer, but fall and winter I try to get hardcore. As far as protecting the hair against breakage at the attachment, I always soak my ponytails holders in olive oil before putting them in my hair, so maybe you could soak the drawstring in oil to cut down on friction. Just a thought!;)

Lavendar said:
Hey ladies,

I've never worn one, but I would like to try, especially now that I want to step up my workouts too. I get lax in the summer, but fall and winter I try to get hardcore. As far as protecting the hair against breakage at the attachment, I always soak my ponytails holders in olive oil before putting them in my hair, so maybe you could soak the drawstring in oil to cut down on friction. Just a thought!;)

Brilliant idea..!! hehe I always get worried about the darn thing flying off in the middle of my treadmill class rolling under the treadmill belt !:eek: :eek: :eek: :lachen: I'm just a little paranoid!

AtlantaJJ said:
Brilliant idea..!! hehe I always get worried about the darn thing flying off in the middle of my treadmill class rolling under the treadmill belt !:eek: :eek: :eek: :lachen: I'm just a little paranoid!

:eek: :eek: :eek: This is not cool girl!!! :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Back