I need your HELP with my corrective...

Teja

Hey ladies I'm in a little dilemma I did a corrective before in Jan...I was texlaxed and my hair did not turn out the way I wanted ...the ends are super straight and the middle is still super curly .... since I do wanna wear my hair straight most of the time I'm thinking about doing a corrective again ....I will have to do it on my own again (Im in Germany no salons here) any tips or recommendations on how I can get it straight evenly this time?

I would just do it at the next relaxer and smooth that area a little more. I've tagged a few who may know more:yep:

I've done a corrective and it turned out fine. It was usually done a few weeks later or with my next relaxer.

I've read that you have straight hair and then the curly hair. In this case I would suggest leaving it alone. When you straighten just make sure you use enough serum to block any potential reversion

If you do want to (which I dont suggest), here is what you can do:
Apply a good protectant to the hair that is relaxed to your liking.
Apply the relaxer and only leave it on for the suggested time for fine hair if you use reg strength. If you can purchase a mild relaxer and leave it on for the lenght of time for reg hair (not fine hair). This is for no lye. This would be for no lye or lye relaxer. Since I dont have a visual of your I am just going by what you've given wrote.

It would have to have a pic loaded of the under-processed hair.

I would just do it at the next relaxer and smooth that area a little more. I've tagged a few who may know more:yep:

Agreed. Leave it alone until your next relaxer. Rock some braidouts to minimize the look of different textures.

Like Myjourney2009 said, heavily coat your previously straight relaxed ends with a protectant (oil, vaseline, neutralizing shampoo) and adjust processing time accordingly for the rest of your hair.

Sent from my Comet

I've done a corrective and it turned out fine. It was usually done a few weeks later or with my next relaxer.

I've read that you have straight hair and then the curly hair. In this case I would suggest leaving it alone. When you straighten just make sure you use enough serum to block any potential reversion

If you do want to (which I dont suggest), here is what you can do:
Apply a good protectant to the hair that is relaxed to your liking.
Apply the relaxer and only leave it on for the suggested time for fine hair if you use reg strength. If you can purchase a mild relaxer and leave it on for the lenght of time for reg hair (not fine hair). This is for no lye. This would be for no lye or lye relaxer. Since I dont have a visual of your I am just going by what you've given wrote.

It would have to have a pic loaded of the under-processed hair.

I didn't really understand the post...:blush: can you break it down please...

I had a similar experience. what worked for me at around my second or third attempt was actually COMBING the relaxer through at the last five minutes. I agree that you should wait until your next relaxer. relax your new growth as usual and then at the very end pull it through with a fine tooth comb until it looks straight. be gentle and do small sections at a time. try not to rake the comb through with the relaxer in your hair. Good luck to you.

ETA. Oh and I would use a regular strength relaxer to prevent underprocessing still. You want that hair to break down as soon as possible so you don't have to go over 5 minutes. You don't want to overprocess so I would stick to 5 minutes as a rule of thumb. Also I would do it in 6-8 weeks. Thats what I meant when I said next relaxer. You don't want to do it with too much new growth in my opinion if you're a stretcher. This way you could apply it to your new growth quickly and then take the time needed to focus on your underprocessed areas.

Last edited:
My hair is under process from my last relaxer. I am now 3 months post. Next weekend I plan to relax, as blackberry815 posted above I am going to put the relaxer on my new growth first, then go back and do the under process last for my corrective.

I plan to use a glove hand to apply the relaxer throughout the process so I can feel the difference btw the 3 textures (NG, texlax, straight hair). As those posted above I may bring out the comb to smooth I will see. I will pre part my hair to make the process faster and protect my relax section of my hair (straight part) with neutralizing shampoo and oils.

Wait it out and then relax is the general consensus. I wear my hair in buns, if you can get creative put your hair half out so your texlax hair curls can show and the top part up in a ponytail or something to keep the front neat and tidy. It is frustrating to await for the next relaxer but for me I would not risk it. However awaiting until the next relaxer you end ups seeing a wave pattern which is kind of cool.

Good luck. Maybe I will do a corrective thread once I do my relaxer.

Back