I need wig help!!

nychelleg

Hey ya'll :yep:,

I'm new to the wig game and I'm thinking about investing in one to allow my hair to rest. I'm confused on what to purchase: Half-wig, front-lace, full-lace, or any other. I'm not even sure if I know the difference between them :perplexed. I don't really want my hair to be exposed. I want the wig to look NATURAL, no overly-shiny-bulky look! My budget allows a dish-out of $150-200. Do I need to be worried about my edges, with regards to applying the laces with glue/tape? Do I have to reapply the lace wigs every day? What collection brand do you recommend? Where's the best place to buy? Please feel free to answer any additional questions you think I may need answered, because chances are I don't know the answer. Thank you ladies!!:yep:

Last edited:
I am far from a wig expert. But there are many choices out there. If you want a lace wig, I think you can get a good price from a chinese vendor for about this price. You can also buy from ebay. Warning the 2 I bought from ebay were not that great. There are also human hair lace front wigs. Try checking the lacefront/wig thread here and blackhairmedia.com. Also wig online sites are hairsisters.com, and blackhairspray.com. Local beauty supply stores are usually overpriced but you always start there. You tube has a bunch of wig tutorials. HTH

I agree; go to forum.blackhairmedia.com for wig information. There is a special forum for lace wig newbies, but I believe it addresses the differences between the types of wigs.

Regarding lace wigs: you don't have to reapply them daily if you using glue/tape but you will want to consider possible damage to your edges. Some of the ladies use bobby pins to secure the lace wigs -- both to avoid the damage as well as to allow for daily access to their own hair for moisturizing and maintenance.

I bought a few half wigs, but now I have full wigs so I dont have to leave any hair out. I have a lace front, but I cut the lace off and I can weat it as a half wig or a full one. Now I just need to learn how to pin them down b/c I dont like th combs in my hair

If you do not want your hair to be exposed I would say a full wig. If you are new to lace wigs, I would say a lace front (lace at the front only).

Hey ya'll :yep:,

I'm new to the wig game and I'm thinking about investing in one to allow my hair to rest. I'm confused on what to purchase: Half-wig, front-lace, full-lace, or any other. I'm not even sure if I know the difference between them :perplexed. I don't really want my hair to be exposed. I want the wig to look NATURAL, no overly-shiny-bulky look! My budget allows a dish-out of $150-200. Do I need to be worried about my edges, with regards to applying the laces with glue/tape? Do I have to reapply the lace wigs every day? What collection brand do you recommend? Where's the best place to buy? Please feel free to answer any additional questions you think I may need answered, because chances are I don't know the answer. Thank you ladies!!:yep:

I reapply my lace front every day so that I can care for my hair. I don't use tape or glue. Pics in fotki if you'd like to see how it looks. I bought it at a BSS but you can buy them online. I paid $60 for mine.

Back