I NEED this shade of red hair,please help!!

danysedai

I would love to have this shade of dark red, as in the first picture from a dominican beauty consultant website

http://www.aleida.net/hair/index-en.html

My hair is relaxed and dyed black:wallbash:, I have lots of grey hair (I'm leaving out my white streak on front, just to see how long it takes to go all white). I tried Clairol T & T in a shade of red but nothing, you can only see it out in the sun. I have even considered using the Manic Panic tones of red but I'm scared:sad:

How,please do tell me, how in heavens can I achieve this beautiful shade? My hair is in good condition, I deep condition religiously and rollerset every weekend, flat iron once in a while.

It's gorgeous, right?
My mother used to have that shade when she was younger,maybe it's the memories of her.
I wrote to her website asking her about the colour, but if anybody knows how to achieve it please tell me

For that type of color you would probably need to use a process that lifts your dark shade first. This is the only time I would recomend seeing a professonal lol. You will be double processing your hair and if not done correctly the results could be disaterous.

OMG....I don't know, but I NEEEED that color!! :lachen::lachen:I'm about to send that picture to my phone. :grin:

Why not try it as a rinse first? VIA and Adore have tons of different shades of red. And they STICK. Follow with a good DC of course, as you know. I have a burgundy in right now and it's way better than the Jazzing I had used before. It wouldn't be as concentrated as a rinse but you'd get to see what it looks like on you before you go permanent.

You can't get this color with a rinse or a similar deep red color? I'm not messing with permenant color.

where can I get a rinse? (I live in Canada, but I could buy online)
which ones would you ladies recommend?

I used to have deep red highlights that I begged my stylist to do, he did it reluctantly after lifting the colour with the mildest product he had, only after doing only one highlight did he give me 5 more and that was it.

Sigh....

so, which rinses would you recommend? (links please?)

well, red is definitely not for me, I just cut a snip of my hair in the back and bleached it with the Manic Panic bleach kit, my colour was lifted but then I realized that it was breaking up in pieces.
So I put the Manic Panic colour directly over my hair (black) waited and waited...rinsed... and nothing, nothing at all.
So, unless I put in extensions with red highlights,I'll never have red hair :(

where can I get a rinse? (I live in Canada, but I could buy online)
which ones would you ladies recommend?

I used to have deep red highlights that I begged my stylist to do, he did it reluctantly after lifting the colour with the mildest product he had, only after doing only one highlight did he give me 5 more and that was it.

Sigh....

so, which rinses would you recommend? (links please?)

The brand itself is not that crucial, just make sure if you're doing a rinse that it's peroxide free, alcohol free, and ammonia free. If anyone of those ingredients are in there, it's not a temporary rinse. The 3 brands I have used and like the best are Via, Adore, Jazzing (not as strong), and Beautiful Collections (very weak). There are other good brands like Sebastian's, I just have never tried it personally. Also, I haven't recommended a website because I haven't shopped online for a long long time. I used to use sheldeez.com but now my local BSS has everything I want so it's been over a year, I don't know how their service is now.

Here's a link to Jazzing, I really do like their black cherry.
http://www.clairolpro.com/products/demi_permanent/jazzing

Back