I need the name of a good DC

mieshae

Ok over the weekend I put a black rinse on my hair and now my hair is shedding like crazy I need help!!!!!!!!! please tell me a good DC to minimize or stop the shedding.

^ that's so funny u posted this. I put a black rinse on my hair this weekend...and for some reason my hair is breaking a lil more than normal. I think i outdid my usual dc 'Miss Keys 10 en 1" cuz its not working.

so i would like to know as well

i guess for breakage i would try like a protein treatment.. aphogee keratin reconstructor... or ors hair mayo.. or maybe motions cpr.

Ok over the weekend I put a black rinse on my hair and now my hair is shedding like crazy I need help!!!!!!!!! please tell me a good DC to minimize or stop the shedding.

You say its shedding....How does your scalp feel?

Rinses tend to have a high pH so if you didn't bring it back down to a healthy scalp range, you scalp could be irritated which could be causing the shedding. What did you do after the rinse? What products did you use??

wow i didn't know this. which would explain why my hair has been acting up and was much more stiffer and raggedy than norm.

Yep. That is probably why. Most rinses are in the 7-8 range and if you don't bring it (your head) back in the 4-5 range it could make your scalp be like :nono:

GymFreak is right about the rinses.

* Clarify (then shampoo with a moisturizing shampoo, optional)
* Rinse (ACV or a conditioner rinse)
* Deep Condition

In another week or two, if it persists:

* Shampoo with some type of garlic
* Treat w/a Protein ... do not be heavy-handed like I used to be. Part hair is small sections; Apply small amounts evenly through hair.
* If protein is intense, then follow with a DC.

Last edited:
GymFreak is right about the rinses.

* Clarify (then shampoo with a moisturizing shampoo, optional)
* Rinse (ACV or a conditioner rinse)
* Deep Condition

In another week or two, if it persists:

* Shampoo with some type of garlic
* Treat w/a Protein ... do not be heavy-handed like I used to be. Part hair is small sections; Apply small amounts evenly through hair.
* If protein is intense, then follow with a DC.

I love to prepoo dry hair with EVOO.

Lately, my favorite DC is Silicon Mix mixed w/a small amount of KeraCare Humecto.

Good proteins: ORS Hair Mayo, Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor

Intense proteins: Aphogee for Damaged Hair, Nexxus Emergencee

Good rinses: Dominican rinses are great

Recently Artemis recommended Paul Mitchell conditioner rinse.

GymFreak recommended a good shampoo with low pH, I cannot remember the name....I think it was Joico and another.

I love to prepoo dry hair with EVOO.

Lately, my favorite DC is Silicon Mix mixed w/a small amount of KeraCare Humecto.

Good proteins: ORS Hair Mayo, Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor

Intense proteins: Aphogee for Damaged Hair, Nexxus Emergencee

Good rinses: Dominican rinses are great

Recently Artemis recommended Paul Mitchell conditioner rinse.

GymFreak recommended a good shampoo with low pH, I cannot remember the name....I think it was Joico and another.

Joico and Elasta qp have shampoo's with low pH's. I think kenra does too. Nexxus sleektress shampoo doesn't have the pH listed but it does say it is designed to smooth the cuticle so I am guessing the pH is low in that one too. Another great one that another board member recently posted in another thread is the Nexxus Ensure acidifying shampoo and conditioner. Its the one designed for color treated hair.

I have just started using the rinse and it is great!

Moisture Motions Plus After Shampoo Conditioner (add oil or an oil blend):clap:
Verifen Complex Advance Conditioning Treatment (no oil needed) :superbanana:
Aubrey Organics – Honeysuckle Rose Moisturizing Conditioner (add oil or an oil blend) :woot:

I can vouch for these, and they are fabulous.

Joico and Elasta qp have shampoo's with low pH's. I think kenra does too. Nexxus sleektress shampoo doesn't have the pH listed but it does say it is designed to smooth the cuticle so I am guessing the pH is low in that one too. Another great one that another board member recently posted in another thread is the Nexxus Ensure acidifying shampoo and conditioner. Its the one designed for color treated hair.

I have just started using the rinse and it is great!
I use this after I dc as a final rinse as well and I'm not color treated it has cerimides-3, and a pH of 3.5. Its a conditioner detangler I love it.

Motions CPR then rinse with a moisturizing conditioner like Kenra MC equals VERY LITTLE breakage in one use!

is KENRA MC a deep conditioner or a regualar 3-5 min one?

if its a regular rinse out, why do some use it as a deep conditioner? is it still strong enuff to penetrate deeply?

Back