I need some serious help ...

pinkcar2222

Hello all,
I have seen such beautiful hair on all of you. Congrats ...

I am new here and I am in need of dyer dyer help. I joined LHCF in about April and have been reading posts and trying out suggestions like crazy. My hair is in really really bad shape. I know that I need a cut so I will be getting a cut along w/ a relaxer next Tuesday. I am beginning to think that I can't grow not even long hair but healthy hair which is my first goal. These are the things I have been doing so far since I have joined:

Baggying my whole head at nite w/ moisturizer sealed w/ oil
Co-washes about 2 times /week
alternate protein conditions and moisture conditions every week
Protein conditions/treatments (use aphogee, keraphix, mane and tail, HAIR packets) alternate products 1 per week ( use aphogee only when i see alot of breakage )
Deep condition w/ moisture(use ORS replenish, DPR 11) 1 time per week
Moisuturizing and sealing w/ oil 1-3 times/day
Products I am using:

BT ( just got that last Thursday)
Profective leave in
HB olive oil
DPR 11
Keraphix reconstuctr
Aphoogee protein treatment
Mane and Tail conditioner
Suave Clarifying Poo
Sebastians Poo and Conditioner
Honey almond oil
Care Free Gold
Kemi Oyl
Sta So Fro
QP Mango butter
VO5 split ends conditioner for co-washes
Infusium leave in ( just got it this week )

My ends are see thru at this point so I know I need a cut. I saw that some people had buddies that helped them out .. I need one bad if anyone wants to help. I used to relax my hair every 4 weeks cuz it seemed that my hair was breaking at my new growth. I have stopped doing that and am now going for a relaxer every 6 weeks. My new growth is terrible. Instead of any type of wavy new growth, I get the tight, tight, tight coiled dry new growth. I have a fotki that I just put up but no pics cuz I am really embarassed of how my hair looks. But I am willing to post them if I can ( i took the pics on a cell phone so i will have to figure out how to post them ) or if someone wants to take a look at my hair I am willing to send a pic thru email. I just started a hair journal so I know what I am doing to my hair each day.

As far as how I wear my hair I use wigs & falls mostly. I know this is long for my first post but if any other info is needed from me for help let me know.
My stylist says I have split ends/damage and therefore wants to cut everytime I go in for a relaxer.
If somone can respond ASAP I would really appreciate it. I be on LCHF all the time. lol ....
Please help !!!!

Troubled !!!!!

Last edited:
Here are two threads that i hope will help you.

A newcomers guide to starting out
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/for...ad.php?t=50291

Sistaslicks Hair Breakage 101
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/for...ad.php?t=84746

Let me know if it gave you any insight.
Also you shouldn't be ashamed of your hair pictures, we all started from somewhere. One day you will be able to look back at those pics and realize how far you come. Develop a regime, which it appears you already have, and give yourself time. Try to find moisturizing products also such as shampoos and conditioners(at a glance seems like most products contain protein). Good luck and happy hair growing.;)

Back