i need some PHYTO and BIOLAGE reviews

MissRissa

not phyto relaxer, just the other products.

still trying to find my staples and this stuff looks good but err um, it's expensive so i wanted to hear the pros/cons, rated reviews, whatever.

most of the phyto reviews i saw in the search were regarding the relaxer and im lazy so i got tired of looking, so can i get some input perty please?

hey, i use the ultra hydrating shampoo and ultra hydrating balm. The balm is really thick and works really well on my hair (texturised) leaves it sooooo soft and moisturised, i usually use it for cowashes. Plus it smells really nice :lick: I only use the shampoo once a week and that works really well too leaves my hair clean without stripping it dry. Hope that helps!

I really love the Biolage Hydrating Balm. It has been a wonderful silicone-free moisturizing deep conditioner. Another member mentioned that she thinks the one in the tube is different than the one in the tub. I am not sure about that, because I only use the one in the tub. Also, I don’t care for the Ultra Moisturizing Hydrating Balm. It is not as good, despite the “Ultra” claim. I don’t care for the shampoo though. I am really trying to love it, but I don’t care for it.

I have not used many Phyto products, but all of the ones I have sampled have been great. They are just too expensive for me. I would buy more Phyto products, but the price plus the size of those small containers make me stay away.

thanks y'all keep them coming. y'all keep using all the key words (ie thick, slip, extra moisturized).yall know im just waiting for that "yeah it's not all its cracked up to be" post to curb this incessant need to purchase super expensive products. but to be safe im finna go the ebay route to try to keep my costs down.

Goshdangit HoneyDew, i just bought the ultra off ebay, literally 45 seconds ago. you know they always sucker you in with the "ultra" or "super"

I use the Biolage Hydratherapie moisturizing shampoo and conditioning Balm, and I really like them. The balm conditions really well if you sit under a hooded dryer for 30 minutes.

You may like it though, so give it a try. For the longest time I did not realize there were 2 different ones. I tried the ultra a while back and did not care for it. It was not bad though. I bought the hydrating balm in a kit that came with a liter of the shampoo from Beauty First because it was $20, plus 20% off. When I left I was like “why did you buy that”, knowing I did not care for it back when I tried it. But that’s when I realized that they have the “ultra” and the regular. Now, keep in mind I tried the “ultra” when I was not as in sync with my hair as I am now. So many products I tried in the past did not get a fair chance, because I did not realize what the heck I was doing anyway. LOL

Now, when I deep condition, I judge my conditioners the way they do in wine judging. I take several attributes/results/factors and give each a value to end up with an overall score. I don’t write it down or anything like wine judges. LOL I just do it in my mind.

This conditioner passed on all points. I judge on smell, ingredients (silicone? Protein? Mineral oil? or whatever), rinse factor (does my hair feel coated and/or need a detangling rinse), and if it delivers as promised. The Biolage Hydrating Balm passed on all, and a big one for me is the rinse out factor. So many times I rinse out a deep conditioner and I feel that I need to follow it with a rinse to give me slip. When I use the Hydrating Balm, I can rinse and go one to styling and drying. That is a big one for me.

You may like the Ultra. I am curious about you experience with it after you try it.

Now, when I deep condition, I judge my conditioners the way they do in wine judging. I take several attributes/results/factors and give each a value to end up with an overall score. I don’t write it down or anything like wine judges. LOL I just do it in my mind.

This conditioner passed on all points. I judge on smell, ingredients (silicone? Protein? Mineral oil? or whatever), rinse factor (does my hair feel coated and/or need a detangling rinse), and if it delivers as promised. The Biolage Hydrating Balm passed on all, and a big one for me is the rinse out factor. So many times I rinse out a deep conditioner and I feel that I need to follow it with a rinse to give me slip. When I use the Hydrating Balm, I can rinse and go one to styling and drying. That is a big one for me.

You may like the Ultra. I am curious about you experience with it after you try it.[/quote]

See thats exactly how I am with my conditioners.

I'm a scent freak so how great does it smell and how long does the scent linger.

How soft does it leave my hair and how much slip do i get? do i need to add a rack of detangler and leave in after I use it? see alot of conditioners make my hair super soft after rinsing but dont melt away tangles or it feels like i didn't actually rinse the conditioner off. it's not moisturized, it just feels coated.

How does it perform under both cowashing and deep conditioning conditions?

Ingredients. I've really tried to move over to the more natural spectrum. So basically how many and how far up are the ingredients that I can only pronounce with great concentration?

I really hope the Ultra works well because um, even on ebay it was still somewhat of a grip to pay.

I :heart2: the ultra hydrating balm and the ultra hydrating shampoo, I have been using theses products for years for years.

http://www.amazon.com/Biolage-Matri...ef=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1224590179&sr=8-3

http://www.amazon.com/Biolage-Ultra-Hydrating-Shampoo-33-0-Liter/dp/B000AZ8MF0/ref=pd_sim_hpc_2

The only products I have tried by Phyto are
Phyto Phytojoba Intense Hydrating Mask

I :heart2:this stuff

http://www.amazon.com/Phyto-Phytojo...sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=beauty&qid=1224590471&sr=1-1
Phyto Phytophanere Dietary Supplement - Hair & Nails

I :heart2:this stuff
http://www.amazon.com/Phyto-Phytoph...sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=beauty&qid=1224590383&sr=1-1

A lot of the phyto products are awful pricey, if you must, a lot of the mall bss usually carry samples sizes of their product for a fraction of the cost.

Back