I need some inspiration

Kamilla16

Hi Everyone
wave.gif

Well, I am currently in that just above shoulder length stage and its driving me crazy
spinning.gif
It's seems like the only thing I can do is sit here and wait. For those of you at or past this stage what can I do to move it along?
How long did it take you to jump this hurdle?
confused.gif

I know exactly how you feel because I had to grow my hair out from above ear length and it seemed to take forever to get past that just above shoulder length.

For me, I found the more I thought about it, the worst it was. So I concentrated on looking after the condition of the hair and trying to look cute and work with it e.g. tucking the sides behind the ear and wearing longish bangs at the front (eye level). Look at it as a chance to experiment with a length that is only temporary so enjoy it while its here
smile.gif
Once its grown longer, you'll still be looking for cute styles so its just a matter of working with the current length you have right now and making it look its best.

Having said all that, I will repeat that I know what you mean about hating that in between stage. All I can say is, you will get past it. For me, I found wearing hats at that time looked pretty nice think 1940's Charleston with the hair pressed against the face slightly (minus hair gel thank you v. much). At least thats what I kidded myself with thinking to get me through it
wink.gif

Other little things help too. Shorter hair draws more focus to your eyes so play them up more, even wear more vibrant sexy lipstick. This helps you mentally keep the focus on how you look overall and how you 'work' your hair look for now.

Not sure how long it took to go past the hurdle, a year maybe. It seemed like much longer though.

I so understand you, this was a hard stage for me, you just have to do your haircare regime, be patient, and you'll pass this length soon enough, if your really impatient how about hair vitamins or braids. Someone on the LHL boards told me that if you watch a pot of water it won't boil. Just hang in there. hth
smile.gif

My hair is just now finally moving again...I get a growth spurt unitl I get to the shoulders....
What helps for me is to compare a current pic to one 6 months to a year ago...then I can see how far I've come...

Thankx
smile.gif
Yeah, If I sit here and dwell on my hair that makes it worse. I am going to try appreciate the length that I DO have, cuz it could be shorter
crazy.gif

when i was at that stage, i had braids. so i missed alot of the frustration, which is a good thing. after the braids came out, i'd still get frustrated, but sweetcocoa is absolutely right!! i felt like my hair wasn't growing all the time. the only thing that kept me from giving up is the pics that i had been taking all along. there really is NO arguing with results!!
smile.gif

adrienne

For me, it helped just thinking that as I was sitting there, my hair WAS actually growing. I also found that allowing my hair to get sprayed with water during the shower and applying diluted Paul Mitchell Supercharged moisture immediately following really jumpstarted it during a slow phase.

Why don't you try looking at Andrienne's Album. I found her album so inspiring. She has pictures from childhood up and it's like you can see her hair growing.

A few words from her and a look at her album a few days ago really lifted my spirits. I'm ready to GROW.

My hair was shoulder length last year and now it's 1 inch above my bra strap-look at my pics and click on each description for details. During that stage, I just wore a wrap style and made sure I conditioned my hair very good every week. Don't worry about the length, focus on the health of the hair.

Girl dont feel bad cuz im rite there with u. But itz more frustrating 4me b/c prom iz a the end of may and i wuz hoping it would be past shoulder length
wallbash.gif
! But what i've been focusing on is the overall health of my hair. Seeing the healthy shine and thickness of my hair always lifts my spirits. Also, I added a color rinse so I'd have something else to jazz up my length. Dont get discouraged b/c in a few months we'll both be seeing results n then it will all be worth it
grin.gif

Mocha, I was gonna go to prom but I decided to go senior year. Good Luck
grin.gif
What color rinse do you have? Actually I wanted to ask is a rinse really damaging to your hair? I want one too
grin.gif

I've been there! And Adrienne is right, taking pictures helped a lot. I also kept a hair diary. But the pictures are what helped a lot.

-lee

Back