I Need Some Help Ladies!

Lovelylady2007

Hey Ladies,

I'm in need of some direction. I have started coming up with a regimen. Currently, I'm washing with One n' Only Argan Oil Shampoo, deep conditioning with Aussie Moist, Joico Moisture Recovery Conditioner & Treatment Balm or Giovanni Smooth as Silk conditioner. I do this once a week. After that I use Giovanni direct leave in as my leave in conditoner. Last week I blow dried and lightly straightened my hair with the hot comb to put it in a bun. After that I used Herbal Essences Long Term relationship leave in on my ends and sealed with castor oil. I make sure to moisturize and seal every night.

My problem is that I need some type of way to not use direct heat on my hair every week. My hubby is particular about how my hair looks, and the truth of the matter is I am too. I usually go for a sleek look, but I'm not sure how to do that without using heat. I tried a twist out after washing my hair last night and that was an epic fail :nono: I'm not sure where to go from here.

Can anyone offer some tips or suggestions? Thanks in advance!

ETA: I'm not against using a hooded blowdryer, but I want to try to avoid direct heat such as blow drying, pressing, and flat ironing.

Last edited:
Hi Mostamazing,

I used to be relaxed. After a 5 year period of being natural I relaxed after moving to the south. I didn't have a problem being natural previously because I went to the hairdresser regularly. Now I'm taking the health of my hair into my own hands.I haven't had a relaxer since 2007. My hair does not do well with a relaxer. I have been on both sides having been natural and relaxed; I prefer to stay natural. I would really like to be able to take care and style my natural hair. I have nothing against relaxers, they just aren't for me.

Maybe you can try using the foam curl rods... and set your hair... It is quite tough to avoid frizz and have sleekness without heat as far as I am aware... believe me... I tried. I found that rollersetting wasn't as sleek either on my natural hair. Some ladies have tried ponytail rollersets (as naturals)... where you put your hair in ponytails all over your head in sections and rollerset the remaining hair... maybe that could work for you :) hope you find a solution... I am sure other ladies that are natural will chime in. ;)

What about roller setting it? You could sleep with the rollers in your hair overnight to dry, using no heat. You could also use a hooded dryer. Obviously, a hooded dryer uses heat, but it not that same as flat ironing or pressing.

Thanks Acapnleo :) I'm going to have to try the ponytail rollerset. I'm cool with not having bone straight hair, but I do want it to lay down and look nice.

Ms. Verde,

I think I will attempt to rollerset. I have never done it in my life though! I don't even know what to use. I have been on the boards searching for so much stuff to get a regimen together, I neglected to think about actual styles besides bunning. My hubby isn't going for the constant bun though. Plus, my edges are fragile since having my son. I can't afford to bun all the time until I get my edges to thicken up again. Thank you for the suggestion :)

Hi Mostamazing,

I used to be relaxed. After a 5 year period of being natural I relaxed after moving to the south. I didn't have a problem being natural previously because I went to the hairdresser regularly. Now I'm taking the health of my hair into my own hands.I haven't had a relaxer since 2007. My hair does not do well with a relaxer. I have been on both sides having been natural and relaxed; I prefer to stay natural. I would really like to be able to take care and style my natural hair. I have nothing against relaxers, they just aren't for me.

ohh true. istopped going to the hair salon after realizing icould save alot of money by doing my own hair:drunk: but relacing is the only thing ican think of :ohwell: srry but ill be bumping though for you for more replies(=

Cheat sets/ ponytail rollersetting is the way to go! It works for me! Try it one time and see how it works for you. I used lottobody diluted with water, kinky curly spirling spritz and butter to set my hair. Oiled afterwards. That's it!

Thanks Acapnleo :) I'm going to have to try the ponytail rollerset. I'm cool with not having bone straight hair, but I do want it to lay down and look nice.

You're welcome :) I think rollersetting can be a decent option for you... :yep: Have fun... I really like the foam curl rods... you can find them at Sally's :)

Take PICS :)

Back