I need SERIOUS NG health

Demi27

I meant HELP (sorry).

I rarely EVER start a new toping in this section, but I'm at wits end!
I'm going to keep this straight and to the point.

I am almost 8 months post relaxer. My NG is VERY VERY dry. I've found out it's protein overload. When I'm in the shower it's dry & rough. I need suggestions on a DC I can use TONIGHT.

I've tried:

LeKair Cholesterol
Lustrasilk Cholesterol
ORS Replenishing conditioner (mixed with honey)
Kenra MC
None of them worked.

Sally's was out of the Elasta QP DPR

Any other suggestions? I've searched, but everyone keeps mentioning the ones I've already tried.

TIA

Last edited:
Try Mizani Moisturfuse, it's a moisturizing conditioner...the only thing is you can only buy it at salons (like JC Penney), you can't get it at a BSS. I usually mix in some EVOO or Hot 10 oil (Nu Expressions by Bonner Bros.) cause it has 7 different oils in it.

Kera Care Humecto and Yes to Carrots Mud Mask. I'm 6+ months post and my hair loves both.....Humecto is by far my favorite but both leave my NG and length moisturized and soft. HTH.......

From Sally's: GVP Conditioning Balm, L'oreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture, Silk Elements Cholesterol (Lustrasilk and got sh!t on SE!), David Babaii Wild Aid Conditoner, Ion Moisture Condititoner (forgot the exact name)
From CVS: Freeman's Sea Kelp Moisturizing Conditioner, Dove Advanced Therapy Conditioner, Sunsilk HydraTLC Masque

Are you moisturizing daily? How often do you clarify to rid your hair of product build up so your strands can absorb the moisture you're putting in on a regular basis? When my strands were breaking and showing signs of protein overload, I realized that I had stopped moisturizing daily with a moisturizing spritz, and my hair was not able to absorb the moisturizing DC treatments each week when I shampooed, because of oil and product build-up.

Hey Lady... I'm no expert and a Newbie to the death but I can tell you that what has helped me is an infusion of oils. Coconut, Jojoba and Castor oil are excellent. The bun in your avi is a nice clean style that the oils can sit on your scalp and marinate. I also like to add Rosemary EO for moisture and peppermint EO for stimulation.

Also an EVOO prepoo treatment works wonders

Grow strong & long

Last edited:
Also an EVOO prepoo treatment works wonders

Grow strong & long

Prepoo'ing with EVOO for 15 minutes with heat makes NG very VERY soft. I'm natural, and this has helped greatly with moisturizing and detangling. :up:

Three DCs I love to use are Matrix Biolage Ultra-hydrating Balm (I like to mix this one with EVOO and honey), Hydratherma Naturals Moisture-Boosting Deep-Conditioning Treatment, and Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose conditioner for coarse hair.

They are AMAZING! :grin:

I swear by Miss Key 10 en 1. :yep: It keeps my NG under control.

Ok, so I just re-read your OP... you might not be able to use it TONIGHT. I have to order it from roundbrush.com or sickbay. Sorry. :sad: But I still recommend it, I love it! :grin:

I swear by Miss Key 10 en 1. :yep: It keeps my NG under control.

Ok, so I just re-read your OP... you might not be able to use it TONIGHT. I have to order it from roundbrush.com or sickbay. Sorry. :sad: But I still recommend it, I love it! :grin:

Sorry I just made the same mistake. You have to order the Hydratherma Naturals, but the Biolage you can get almost anywhere (drugstores, grocery stores. I haven't seen it in my Walmart) and the Aubrey Organics you can get from The Vitamin Shoppe.

You know...it could also be that you have a porousity issue. I was in the same boat as you before I started getting to the whole pH level thing. Porousity Control and ACV rinses have helped me out a lot. That and balancing the protein/moisture is key. I am stretching for a year and this is what usually helps me.

If you still have some of that cholesterol you could add some honey and oils to it for a dc. Maybe try steaming it. Works for me.

Hey Ladies!

Thanks so much for your help. Let me just say I am not a big fan of where I live because the majority of the products you all mentioned I couldn't find. The ONLY thing I could find was the Mizana (at Ulta).

I couldn't find the Yes to Carrots (hair products) in there. They had the face stuff, though.

I've used the AO HSR and that didn't help me last week. It normally works for me.

The Sally's my way SUCKS. I didn't want to try another Cholesterol treatment yet. I forgot to add that I added honey last night to my Cholesterol treatment.

I do believe it's the porosity issue. I will see what I can do. I have ACV and actual Porosity Control condish.

I will see what happens and keep you guys posted.

I will see about buying the other products (the online ones) as well (because I'm a PJ).

You ladies are the best!

Try Mizani Moisturfuse, it's a moisturizing conditioner...the only thing is you can only buy it at salons (like JC Penney), you can't get it at a BSS. I usually mix in some EVOO or Hot 10 oil (Nu Expressions by Bonner Bros.) cause it has 7 different oils in it.

I bought moisturefuse from the BSS. It didnt do much for me but I think I have an extreme case of dryness.

I hope your hair gets better. Drink more water and take an omega 3 supplement. That can help too.

Try porosity control conditioner, and or neutragena triple moisture leave in. My hair is very soft and moisturized and I have to give credit to both of those products.

Back