I NEED OIL!

leona2025

I'm really pissed with my skin it is not sensitive ,but dry. My hair loves oils. My skin just can not take it. I break out almost immediately after using any kind of oil. I have tried them all. My sister uses Johnson's baby oil baby gel on her daughter's hair.

I tried to use that mess to moisturize my new growth and I don't know if there is oil in that, but it broke me out so bad around my hair line and on my cheeks. Oil is the only thing that breaks me out.

Anyone have this problem and if so have you found a oil that works for you? I've tried Argan oil, olive oil, grape seed, avocado, and carrot oil. Is there one ingredient common to all oils because each of these oils are different, but all break me out.

I'm really pissed with my skin it is not sensitive ,but dry. My hair loves oils. My skin just can not take it. I break out almost immediately after using any kind of oil. I have tried them all. My sister uses Johnson's baby oil baby gel on her daughter's hair.

I tried to use that mess to moisturize my new growth and I don't know if there is oil in that, but it broke me out so bad around my hair line and on my cheeks. Oil is the only thing that breaks me out.

Anyone have this problem and if so have you found a oil that works for you? I've tried Argan oil, olive oil, grape seed, avocado, and carrot oil. Is there one ingredient common to all oils because each of these oils are different, but all break me out.

That baby oil gel is not pure. It contains fragrance. Perhaps it was an allergic reaction to that? In either case, pure Argan Oil and Baobab Oil are the bomb.com for me. Not only do I use them both on my hair, I also use them directly on my acne prone, oily face without any problems. Are you using pure, unrefined oils?

Last edited:
I recommend that you use an oil that is non-comedogenic, one that does not cause acne/break outs, such as sesame, castor, jojoba, walnut, babassu, safflower and sunflower.

Babassu is highly emollient and produces a nice sheen (it will solidify like EVCO at a certain temperature); sunflower, safflower and walnut are rich in vitamins and ceramides; castor is a humectant that has germicidal and fungicidal cleansing properties; sesame is rich in essential fatty acids and promotes growth; and jojoba is penetrative and emollient, and is similar to the sebum that is found in the skin.

Either one of these oils should suit your purpose. HTH.

Google search oils that are noncomedogenic. I believe Jojoba oil is one and I've been using it on my face with no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I used to break out using oils but then I realized it was more from laying my head/face on pillows that became oily (i.e. sleeping on my pillows after applying oil, especially when my hair wasn't fully dry). So i wash the pillowcases more frequently when I use oils on my hair and problem solved. Just a thought!

leona2025
i use a mix of meadowfoam, kukui, and evoo. sometimes i add evco that i infuse with nettle and horsetail. kukui has ceramides and meadowfoam has been proven to stop moisture loss in skin and hair. i these from mountain rose herbs cause most places sell refined oils and i prefer unrefined and less processed because the oil retains more of its properties because its wasn't extracted with chemical solvents or excessive heat.

Back