I need me some vitamins

Amarech

OK I have seen them mentioned here and there and in peoples signatures. But can someone give me an official rundown of vitamins to take for hair growth and health? I'm ready to start poppin pills (I hate to do that!)

I've heard of prenatals, L-cystine and what not but I need specifics
1. Brand or generic name
2. where to find them!
Thanks!

I'd just say take it easy and take the GNC nourishhair vites. i think these are the best and they are also the smallest hair vites. If you arent taking a hair vite then i think that every single person who wants to be healthy should at the VERY LEAST be taking a daily multi-vite. I like the Eckerds brand 1-a day vite, they are very small and i noticed my nails and skin was reallhy healthy.

Womens Multivitamin (Puritan Pride/Vitamin Shoppe/GNC)
Mega Vitamins for the hair (GNC/Puritan Pride)
Silica (Vitamin Shoppe/Puritan Pride)
Amino Acids (Amino Complex) (Vitamin Shoppe/ GNC)
EFA (Essential Fatty Acids) (UDO'S Choice/GNC)
B-Complex 150 (GNC/Puritan Pride)
Zinc (optional) I take this for my acne. (Puritan Pride)

You could also try Biotin but it gives me breakouts so I stopped taking it. You can also try Iron, Vitamin C and MSM because they are also contribute to hair growth.

Thank you so much! Actually I agree with Mizani. I haven't been takin any vitamins so when I decided to start, I wanted to kill two birds with one stone......off to Rite Aid :cool:

Last edited:
I will bump up an old thread that tells you about all the different types of hair vitamins. Also, you can buy them from walmart, gnc, heatlh, or any drugstore. I bought my vitamins from GNC and walmart.

Last edited:
Back