I need lots of HELP

MSLADYFREESTYLE

Hi all, I'm new here. I have so many questions. Well first of all my hair is type 4b. it is very dry brittle. i use Designer's Touch lye relaxer. No lye was tooooo drying for me just found that out by changing stylist. i would like to know what hair supplements can i take. i'm going to get GNC ULTRA NOURISH for sure. but noticed a lot of you girls are taking other stuff too oh yeah i will be getting evening primrose oil 1300mg. i would like to add just one more supplement to the others for now. my hair is very thin and breaks if you look at it too long /images/graemlins/shocked.gif but i guess one thing at a time. i'm a pj. i have made up my mind that i'm only going to buy three more necessary hair products /images/graemlins/crazy.gif like i really need a daily moisturizer one that i can use in the morning and when i come home not greasy though. some suggestions on mixed oils that can be used as my hot oil treament night. kemi oyl is great should i stay with that? oh yeah you girls need to know that my hair is TWO SECONDS long /images/graemlins/laugh.gif. my hair goal is to learn how to care for my hair, what is good for my hair and what is not until it becomes second nature. thanks i've been coming to this place every night just reading and reading i love it. ok thats enough for now cause i can go on and on. /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

Hi MSLADYFREESTYLE,

Welcome to the board! /images/graemlins/smile.gif I would add a B-5 vitamin and perhaps Biotin to your vitamin regime. Dudley's PCA Moisture retainer is a nice cream moisturizer you might want to consider. I use Dew, sold by Cathy Howes, as a light spray moisturizer and it works great for me. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I think a regular wash and deep condition routine, some vitamins, and some excellent products would be all you need to be on your way to great hair. I know tht some of the other ladies will be happy to make product recommendations to you. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I just wanted to say welcome. I don't relax anymore, but adding more moisture(water) and sealing it in with an oil(alot of ladies are having success with curl activator...see Adrienne). Try keeping manipulation to a minimum. I think the simplier the routine the easier it is to stick with it.

Welcome to the board, Msladyfreestyle /images/graemlins/wave.gif There so many products out there to try! I would recommend using Elasta Qp Mango butter for a daily moisturizer. Kemi Oyl is great for a hot oil treatment, but you can also use olive oil, castor oil, or even coconut oil for your pre-shampoo treatments. /images/graemlins/drunk.gif I'm glad that you joined the group. Good luck w/ you journey. /images/graemlins/look.gif

hi Sweetcocoa, thanks for the info about the curl activator. got up this morning and my hair was so dry. this is after putting a lot hair "grease" on my hair last night. i am becoming a believer about moisture not "grease". so i put some activator on it and it was happy for a little while. now it wants more of something else because it drank that up in a matter of 5 mins /images/graemlins/lick.gif now its gone lol

thanks for the info Titansgirl so the kemi oyl is a keeper. just not there yet where i'll be mixin'. love the kemi scent and what it does. cool

thanks for the info Pebbles. if i could only purchase one of the two supplements that you suggested which one would it be and what would be the dosage?

I'd probably do the B-5 vitamin. I take 1000 mg daily. I'm not sure how much everyone else is taking though. /images/graemlins/look.gif

Pebbles I can\'t find it

i cant find it "B-5 Vitamin 1000 mg" i see B-50, B-6 /images/graemlins/confused.gif which one should it be? time released, liquid, softgel? /images/graemlins/cry3.gif

Hello, this is my first time posting, I am a newbie (I would normally just read everyones advice, but I thought it was time I spoke up)so here goes. I have to say that before coming to this website my hair was also very, very dry and brittle (I to am a 4b). I thought the answer was to keep trying different/new products. I never even stopped to think of the /images/graemlins/frown.gif build up of these products on my hair, I just thought dry, thick hair meant to use more of these products (I used to be heavy handed when it came to products). But when I came to this site so many ladies talked about ACV=apple cider vinegar and pre-shampoo treatments(using oil, ex. olive) and only shampooing your hair once, so I thought hey, why not? Well I must say my dry 4b hair has never felt better, /images/graemlins/smile.gif and I am not heavy handed anymore. Less really is more (talking about product usage). Sorry this is so long. I hope this helps.

Hi Dede, /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Welcome to the board! /images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm so glad to hear that the advice you've gotten from the board has helped you with your hair. Glad you came out of lurk mode. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Welcome,/images/graemlins/weird.gif MS LADYFREESTYLE,
I'm also growing out a short hairstyle, if you need a hair twin/buddy. I know I need one!
Jen

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
MSLADYFREESTYLE said:
oh yeah you girls need to know that my hair is TWO SECONDS long

[/ QUOTE ]
What does that mean? The only reason I ask is because I know I could probably be in that category too and I'd like to follow your progress /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Camille said:
MSLADYFREESTYLE said:
oh yeah you girls need to know that my hair is TWO SECONDS long

[/ QUOTE ]
What does that mean? The only reason I ask is because I know I could probably be in that category too and I'd like to follow your progress /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ] /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif two seconds long means /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif that my hair is very very short. two seconds long verses two years long. lol /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

JenJen2721 said:
This thread may be helpful in growing out your short cut.

Growing Out A Short Tapered Cut

It has some very helpful and practical advice! I refer to it constantly for inspiration. Lord knows I need it in this awkward phase of growing my hair out.

HTH,
Jen

[/ QUOTE ] thanks so much. well here i go.

Oh ok, Well I have to tell you that you have come to the right place, these ladies are /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif awesome /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif!!!!!!!!!!

Back