I need help!!!

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
I noticed today that I'm having some breakage in the nape area. What can I do to combat that? I wanna nip it in the bud.

I've been doing weekly DC's and I haven't used heat for the last 3 weeks. I scheduled for a retouch on the 3rd of December, then I plan on hiding my hair with a sew in. I also use BT or bee mine 1 to 3 times a week.

Is that where you tie your scarft at night? If so you might want to switch to a satin bonnet.

Or is there anything else that rubs up against your nape on a regular basis?

If not that, then maybe your nape is just really sensitive to relaxers. Maybe you will have to not relax that part of your hair.

HTH.

I used to have a super dry nape, but I combatted (sp) it

When I dc, I apply an ample amount of conditioner to my nape and thoroughly massage it in. When I apply my leave in after a wash, I make sure to get my nape gooood. When I moisturize daily, I saturate my nape. It stays wet. Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 has helped tremendously with keeping my nape moisturized. No other moisturizer has kept my nape moisturized :yep:

Since you're using BT and BM, moisturize your hair BEFORE you use the oil. Sulfur is drying to the hair, so make sure you thoroughly moisturize the nape before using the oils :D

I used to have a super dry nape, but I combatted (sp) it

When I dc, I apply an ample amount of conditioner to my nape and thoroughly massage it in. When I apply my leave in after a wash, I make sure to get my nape gooood. When I moisturize daily, I saturate my nape. It stays wet. Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 has helped tremendously with keeping my nape moisturized. No other moisturizer has kept my nape moisturized :yep:

Since you're using BT and BM, moisturize your hair BEFORE you use the oil. Sulfur is drying to the hair, so make sure you thoroughly moisturize the nape before using the oils :D
hmm I wonder if the sulphur had a part to play in that... I normally do moisturize then seal with oil. I use the bt on my scalp only.

Make sure you or your stylist is washing out all of the relaxer at the nape. That caused my nape to break off badly.

My nape was broken off to the new growth. A year later it's grown about 3 inches, yeah my growth is very slow but I'm very happy. Even my mom noticed how it's growing back.

What I did was not relax my nape for a year. And I moisturized it every night.

Have you tried wearing your hair up? Friction from your hair rubbing on your clothing may be drying out your hair and causing breakage. It could also be the relaxer if this is the first place it is applied when relaxing. You could try not relaxing your nape when you retouch just to see if this is the culprit.

MeechUK

thanks for the advice you guys

I'm going to DC when I get home today and then rollerset. Lastnight I tied ny scarf using the methodof the lady in the video.

Is that where you tie your scarft at night? If so you might want to switch to a satin bonnet.

Or is there anything else that rubs up against your nape on a regular basis?

If not that, then maybe your nape is just really sensitive to relaxers. Maybe you will have to not relax that part of your hair.

HTH.

I agree. I had that problem. Once I tied my scarf below my ears and nape I noticed less breakage. Also there is no hair sticking out underneath to rub against your pillow.
When relaxing, it is the last place I apply relaxer and the first place I rinse it off with vinegar and water(helps remove the relaxer). Ask the salon to rinse there again as a final rinse. Even if she says she already did (it's your hair).

Back