I NEED HELP!!!!!!

Ronda

Hello LHCF:
I have been reading this site for months now. I have finally got up the nerve to add my hair horror story. There is so much info out there that I don't know where to start. Here is my horror story ( I will make it short). Hair extensions for several years, pregnant, waited few months, got a relaxer (can't remember the name) hair is now shedding, breaking, dry, I wanted to kill her and she wants to be a celebrity hair stylist HUH! I tried Surge Plus 14 twice a day and it still continued to break. I've tried aphogee (that lasted 3 weeks) it was awful. I've tried hot oil treatments once a week, deep conditioner mixed with olive oil. Still the same. I am now going to yet another hair salon, and my stylist is from Columbia and he did a really good deep conditioner by Aveda and the next week he did the bio ionic hair straightening system ( I was in desparate need for a touch up) and it is a lot softer but it is still breaking what else can I try. I am not sure what to put on my scalp it is itchy and flakes like a blizzard. I can not use jojoba oil I am allergic. Help!!!!!!!

Im sorry about what happened to your hair. I dont think that your stylist should have put a straigthening system in your hair knowing what condition it was in. One deep condtioner is not enuff to make your hair healthy. Have you considered going natural? Going to a dermatologist? Changing your diet?

Im sure a lot more people will have things to Add. But you will be back on track if you visit this site regularly! Have faith in yourself and your hair.

Thanks Ayeshia for the comments. I tried the natural thing but my hair is very unruly, I can't handle sitting for hours to do the extensions anymore and to take them out is another story. I went to a dermatologist and he said that I have contact dermititis. I have not narrowed down what I am allergic to except for the jojoba oil. Changing my diet--I am on a mission to lose weight especially since I have a 1 year old. I am just watching what I am eating right now.

[ QUOTE ]
Ronda said:
Thanks Ayeshia for the comments. I tried the natural thing but my hair is very unruly, I can't handle sitting for hours to do the extensions anymore and to take them out is another story. I went to a dermatologist and he said that I have contact dermititis. I have not narrowed down what I am allergic to except for the jojoba oil. Changing my diet--I am on a mission to lose weight especially since I have a 1 year old. I am just watching what I am eating right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think that you have unruly natural hair...you just dont know how to handle and maintain it properly...relaxed hair can be just as unruly. You may not need to go completely natural...Maybe you need to transition for awhile. Are you sure that you're not sensitive to the relaxers? PM me.

hey ronda,
Sorry about your situation. i was in the same dilemma as u r about 2 months ago. What i did was cut off all the damaged hair. I cut my hair into a bob and really short in the back. Every week i take one day (usually on weekends) and give my hair tender loving care. I wash, deep condition, and rollerset. No heat, air dry. Moisturizeee everyday and hardly a strand comes out on my shirt. If i didnt get that cut, my hair would be worse off than before. The thing is, you cant revive the damaged hair no matter what treatment you do. Try to focus on the new growth. Its much more valuable to u that the damaged ends. I suggest you cut your hair up until where its damaged and take it from there. You'll see that all those treatments and stuff that your using now wil start working! Success

Sorry to hear about all of your hair troubles.

This is what I suggest to a lot of other people who have had breakage problems. I have done it myself.

For an entire week, do deep conditions with Lekair Cholesterol. You can do it daily or every other day. Put the conditioner on wet or dry hair and let it sit for up to an hour. You should see results in a few days.

Good Luck with finding a solution to your breakage problem!

It took me a long time to realize that no matter what I did to my hair, relaxers just weren't working for me.
frown.gif
But you're the one who has to style your hair so--

First all of, don't put any more chemicals on your head until you get the breakage completely under control.
naughty.gif
You should try stretching out your relaxers for as long as possible. No more than 4x-5x per year. And consider texturizing instead of relaxing to a straighter texture.

Ronda,

First...welcome to the forum.
smile.gif
You have gotten some excellent advice. I also think that you should try stretching out your relaxers. If you start doing daily conditioner washes...they will help your new growth to smooth down and be more manageable. Have you ever tried Aubrey Organics GPB? Since I have been using it (for about a month now)...my shedding has cut down dramatically. Coconut Oil is great for moisturizing hair. Maybe you could try it since you are allergic to jajoba oil.

Stick around here for a while, and your hair will be healthy again in no time.

Thank you all for your advice. I will try all of your suggestions. Excuse me if I sound silly but what is a conditioner wash. Is it just using a conditioner instead of shampoo? Unfortunately I do not have that a hour a day to do the deep conditioner everyday. I have a one year old and I just started back to work. I can barely get dinner on the table at a reasonable time. I really want this to work but are there any suggestions for quick treatments. Can I wash in the morning and say go to work with the conditioner in my hair and wash it out the next morning? Is it bad for me to go to bed with my hair wet. What would be the best type of moisturizer? Please forgive me for sounding stupid but I really don't know I have heard so many things from different "professionals" I just don't know who to believe. Thanks again for all of the suggestions.

A conditioner wash can be done in the shower on a morning.I wet my hair apply conditioner,soap up my body,rinse off and wash out the conditioner last.It is really quick and easy way to condition your hair.The steam from the shower does the trick for me.
I have a friend who leaves conditioner in her hair all day and her hair does fine,but I personally like washing out my conditioner and using a separate leave-in and oils etc after.
About going to bed with wet hair,I do it.I simply put my hair in a pony and tie it all down with my silk scarf.If I leave it loose my hair will frizz like crazy.

Hope this helps and you really don't sound stupid.Everyone had these questions at some time.

Katie My hair is the same if I leave it loose I look like a chia pet. Can you recommend conditioners both to wash and to spray in.

I think you are experiencing shedding because of being pregnant.

You might want to load up on some vitamins that will help your hair.

[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
[ QUOTE ]
Ronda said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think that you have unruly natural hair...you just dont know how to handle and maintain it properly...relaxed hair can be just as unruly. You may not need to go completely natural...Maybe you need to transition for awhile. Are you sure that you're not sensitive to the relaxers? PM me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Ronda, no offense Ayeshia, but if I did nothing to my (natural) hair it would be UNRULY. For years I struggled with untamely new growth, that's why I sport a relaxer. Now that I found a regimen that works for me I could maintain my new growth but a relaxer is easier.

Ronda- I think Stoshgirl's advice is really good if you rather keep the relaxer. But do what works for you, it's your hair.

Yes I am really hating my decision to cut my hair but I agree that is the only way.
wallbash.gif
Now to find a salon to do it. I am going broke with all of the products and salons that I am going to. My husband is going to take my child and leave me.
spank.gif
laugh.gif
But I wan to thank you all again for your advice.

A thought:
You may also be shedding partially from stress. You have a very young child who I suppose you have put in daycare= a big adjustment for her= stress for you.
Going back to work and all that entails (new commute, new co-workers/boss, and the workload) = stress.
Trying to manage work and your home responsibilities = stress.
Try to get the stress under control if that is a factor for your. Also try not to stress too much about your hair.

BTW an easy way to do deep treatments is to apply them at night on damp hair and cover with a plastic cap and then a scarf, and wash it out in the morning.
Hope that helps.

Back