I NEED HELP

Crissi

Ok ladies, i need your help, encouragement, guidance and prayer!

I am so annoyed/angry/upset/disappointed with myself - lets be real - i keep going hot/cold/lukewarm. At this rate i'd be sending myself to hell, i don't wanna go there! But its like i can't please God - its like i go out my way to hurt him. These mental spiritual battles are detiorating (sp) me, yet im not in line with God in order to get the help i need - but i find it so hard!! I beleive 150% that its in God's will to bring me through and use me according to his will. I know i could do so much for him and through him but i can't seem to get up.

It's like the world entices me more than when i wasn't saved. Its beyond hard for me, especially been 18, there is so much pressure on me to sin. Im blessed to say all my friends are Christians - so luckily it doesn't come from them. However its like theres pressures everywhere to be something taht goes against God. I know without God im nothing and with God i am everything - however i just can't see that when i slip into sin, whether it be mentally or physically - anything.

Ive repented and asked for forgiveness, but i find it hard to be sincere because im so fustrated with myself to the point that i feel like i just can't do right anymore. I am full of fear and worry, thats not right Gods people shouldn't be like that.

I just wanna cry i just wanna bawl - sometimes i wish that i could be in exhile - where i could spend time with God - no temptations to digress - sometimes iwish that he could just take me im so so so so down :(

A good song to explain how i feel is Commissioned - Running Back To You

Please ladies any help will be appreciated whether it be prayer, scriptures,, songs, or words of encouragement.

TIA ladies - i know i will get through it i just need ALOT of pushing and encouragement

Crissi, x

Crissi said:
Ok ladies, i need your help, encouragement, guidance and prayer!

I am so annoyed/angry/upset/disappointed with myself - lets be real - i keep going hot/cold/lukewarm. At this rate i'd be sending myself to hell, i don't wanna go there! But its like i can't please God - its like i go out my way to hurt him. These mental spiritual battles are detiorating (sp) me, yet im not in line with God in order to get the help i need - but i find it so hard!! I beleive 150% that its in God's will to bring me through and use me according to his will. I know i could do so much for him and through him but i can't seem to get up.

It's like the world entices me more than when i wasn't saved. Its beyond hard for me, especially been 18, there is so much pressure on me to sin. Im blessed to say all my friends are Christians - so luckily it doesn't come from them. However its like theres pressures everywhere to be something taht goes against God. I know without God im nothing and with God i am everything - however i just can't see that when i slip into sin, whether it be mentally or physically - anything.

Ive repented and asked for forgiveness, but i find it hard to be sincere because im so fustrated with myself to the point that i feel like i just can't do right anymore. I am full of fear and worry, thats not right Gods people shouldn't be like that.

I just wanna cry i just wanna bawl - sometimes i wish that i could be in exhile - where i could spend time with God - no temptations to digress - sometimes iwish that he could just take me im so so so so down :(

A good song to explain how i feel is Commissioned - Running Back To You

Please ladies any help will be appreciated whether it be prayer, scriptures,, songs, or words of encouragement.

TIA ladies - i know i will get through it i just need ALOT of pushing and encouragement

Crissi, x
All this pressure you're experiencing means you are doing a good job in your walk with the Lord. IT IS NOT EASY to live "in the world." Temptation is around every corner, drinking, drugs, sex, all of that is waiting for you.

Now that you're saved you're more aware of these things and trying to avoid them, so it naturally seems like the Universe is out to get you. Think "blue car" syndrome.

Continue to ask the Lord for guidance, you are going a great job! It's hard out there!

I definitely agree with SQ. Also, something to consider... the condemnation I am hearing in your post... consider the source. God can send conviction our way to admonish us against something we are doing, but it is never paralyzing and it should not stop your faith. God sends it to make us better Christians. That is when you need to cleave to God and the Word extra hard. That is the time to for changes.

Feelings of frustration and "never being in line" or never being good enough, that comes from the Devil. He wants to do everything he can to keep you away from God - to keep you frustrated and to confused. NONE of us will ever be good enough on our own... that is why Jesus died for us. The Devil doesn't want you to know that Jesus will meet you right where you are. You just have to call out to him. He will help you.

Stay in the word... stay in prayer and communion with God. The flesh is weak, but your spirit is strong. Pray that God will strengthen you and keep you from temptation.

The Devil came to Jesus to tempt Him before He began the most important part of His ministry. I don't know what God has in store for you, but I do know the Devil gets real honrey when we focus on God and not on him. You have to hang in there and be strong! You can do it! You can and God will help you. Stay in prayer. Do what you can to keep yourself away from the things/people that tempt you.

ITA with these ladies. Often the greatest temptation comes when God is about to take you to another level... Satan will never be happy when you delve deeper into God's plan for your life.

Always remember that temptation does not mean that you are in danger of lost salvation. Christ has already settled it through the cross and resurrection. The fact that you are concerned about it means that you are not neglecting his gift to you.

I just want to share a Scripture with you. The Holy Spirit through Apostle Paul talks about this struggle in the letter to the Romans:

We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do - this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. 21 So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God's law; 23 but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25 Thanks be to God - through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

Romans 7:14-25

So God has known our struggle long before we were born into this world.

But Christ offers a solution:

41 "Keep watching and praying that you may not enter into temptation; the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak."

Matthew 26:41

It seems like you are watching (aware of the struggle). Stay knitted to God in prayer and Satan will not be able to overcome you.

I hope this helps...

Oh ladies, i love you all! thank you for the motivation, and the scriptures, they really help.

Kelouis - You know ive never looked at it like that properly

" The fact that you are concerned about it means that you are not neglecting his gift to you"

- maybe i do beat myself up, i am my worse critic, but once again thank you ladies.

Back