i need help with my freshly salon-relaxed hair

ms*x

i just got my hair relaxed yesterday after about 3 months of new growth. my hair is now completely even and shoulder-length. my stylist used affirm and y'all have no idea how much i fought her to not cut my hair into layers (which is exactly what i'm trying to grow out of. i don't know why these stylists LOVE to cut your hair off! anyway, what do i need to do to my hair now? do i need to do a protein treatment right away? should i take a valium to keep the panic low from having gotten my ends clipped? what to do now?

fyi: i haven't gotten my hair professionally done since i've joined this site. :rolleyes:

Don't take a valium unless that's, umm, your usual! LOL! For me, I do a good poo followed by protein treatment the first wash after relaxing. Because I'm a nexxus girl, I 'poo with therapee and use either keraphix or emergencee, followed by humectress.

Don't take a valium unless that's, umm, your usual! LOL! For me, I do a good poo followed by protein treatment the first wash after relaxing. Because I'm a nexxus girl, I 'poo with therapee and use either keraphix or emergencee, followed by humectress.
What she said.
I would also do a neutralizing poo and letting it sit for about 10-20 min. Just in case your stylist did not neutralize you correctly. I use one with a color indicator.

i see...so, i'm wanting to wash it, like, TODAY! and i just got it done yesterday...i just don't trust my hair being like this anymore. so, should i do a hard protein or a reconstructor?

i see...so, i'm wanting to wash it, like, TODAY! and i just got it done yesterday...i just don't trust my hair being like this anymore. so, should i do a hard protein or a reconstructor?

I usually do the hard protein by Aphogee. However, I may switch it to Emergencee. Also, a lot of women follow-up with a henna treatment.

:lachen::lachen:I'm just like you I always wanna wash like a day or 2 after but I always end up waiting until I usually wash it.
I don't see how it would hurt :look:

:lachen::lachen:I'm just like you I always wanna wash like a day or 2 after but I always end up waiting until I usually wash it.
I don't see how it would hurt :look:

see, the only...ONLY reason i got it done yesterday was because i applied heat on my head for the first time in over a month...trying to be cute and flat ironed while still damp...i fried the SHEET outta my hair!!!! i just walked in the salon and asked what they used...they said affirm...i said "do it".

now that it's all fixed, i'm ready to start bunning and/or wearing a fall to cover it up...ain't that a trip? $100 just to wash it the next day and cover it up!:lachen:

by the way, i'm gonna order my henna stuff this weekend, so i'll be washing this real soon...before i do, i think i'll put some moisturizer in it like sunsilk tlc and bantu it and enjoy some smooth curlies!

see, the only...ONLY reason i got it done yesterday was because i applied heat on my head for the first time in over a month...trying to be cute and flat ironed while still damp...i fried the SHEET outta my hair!!!! i just walked in the salon and asked what they used...they said affirm...i said "do it".

now that it's all fixed, i'm ready to start bunning and/or wearing a fall to cover it up...ain't that a trip? $100 just to wash it the next day and cover it up!:lachen:
Uh uh girl
Now you know better:spank:
Hope you've learned your lesson...always use heat protectants

by the way, i'm gonna order my henna stuff this weekend, so i'll be washing this real soon...before i do, i think i'll put some moisturizer in it like sunsilk tlc and bantu it and enjoy some smooth curlies!
At least your on the way to recovery. You'll get through it, all your hair need is some low manipulation

Uh uh girl
Now you know better:spank:
Hope you've learned your lesson...always use heat protectants

i ran outta tlc...i was desperate - i wanted my husband to stop having to smell s-curl every night. i swear, i'll never do it again!!!!!

by the way, is there ANY leave-in more luscious that sunsilk tlc? just wondering...ha!

i think i'm gonna make it my line, too...i'm gonna try that herbal essence hh line first and if it can't beat tlc, then i'm sold!

i notice you use the ors in a bottle, too...i LOVE that stuff!!! especially when i'm bantuing because it makes the prettiest curls. i wish i could've kept using the ors relaxer, but my hair would revert in a week or two. other than that, we seem to be, like, hair-twins or something :grin:

i think i'm gonna make it my line, too...i'm gonna try that herbal essence hh line first and if it can't beat tlc, then i'm sold!

i notice you use the ors in a bottle, too...i LOVE that stuff!!! especially when i'm bantuing because it makes the prettiest curls. i wish i could've kept using the ors relaxer, but my hair would revert in a week or two. other than that, we seem to be, like, hair-twins or something :grin:

Hey there! You should totally try the garnier leave-in conditioners. I have the sleek n shine one...and its absolutely amazing (no mineral oil/petrolatum) and has lots of yummy ingredients (avocado oil, fruit extracts, etc.) HHG!

Hey there! You should totally try the garnier leave-in conditioners. I have the sleek n shine one...and its absolutely amazing (no mineral oil/petrolatum) and has lots of yummy ingredients (avocado oil, fruit extracts, etc.) HHG!
and i've been eyeing it like heck! tonight, i just melted some shea butter in my palms and rubbed it throughout my hair paying real close attention to my edges and ends.

okay...i just watched all of mycherieamour's tutorials (she ROCKS!) and just bought some garnier fructis sleek and shine leave in and castor oil. i'm gonna do some bantus after i apply it so i can get some moisture in my hair, at least (plus, my weekdays are ALWAYS so busy)...then, this weekend, i'm gonna re-neutralize my hair afer doing a mycherieamour prepoo. then, i'm gonna do one her magnetic roller wrap.

am i a stalker?
between sistaslick and mycherieamour, they are rocking my HAIR WORLD!

question:
what neutralizing shampoo should i use? any brands come to mind?

Ohh that's so cool!I always wanted a twin:lachen:
I've never tried ORS for bantuing though. All I do is ponytails. ORS Relaxer is soooo HARSH for my scalp though. I can't take it, it burned my scalp up and in certain parts hair was stuck to my head.
I'm running back to Silk Elements.

okay...i just watched all of mycherieamour's tutorials (she ROCKS!) and just bought some garnier fructis sleek and shine leave in and castor oil. i'm gonna do some bantus after i apply it so i can get some moisture in my hair, at least (plus, my weekdays are ALWAYS so busy)...then, this weekend, i'm gonna re-neutralize my hair afer doing a mycherieamour prepoo. then, i'm gonna do one her magnetic roller wrap.

am i a stalker?
between sistaslick and mycherieamour, they are rocking my HAIR WORLD!

question:
what neutralizing shampoo should i use? any brands come to mind?
Oh man I hated that garnier fructis leave in:nono:. Maybe it'll work for you. Use it sparingly.
If your a stalker, I'm one too. I'm up in her blog every other day. Sistaslick and Macherie are my hair idols.:grin:
Umm i use to color indicating Isoplus neutralizer. That one is pretty good.

i just bought the proclaim neutralizer...i also bought a little pack of aphogee so i'm gonna neutralize, clarify with my suave clafying poo, then do a heavy protein. after that, i'm gonna do a deep con with some microwaved ion effective care treatment. i didn't check here before buying it but, luckily, i only bought the little packet. after that or maybe later in the deep con, i'll give myself a hot oil treatment. okay...

after all that, i bought this ion vitalizing fortifying treatment spray that has some great ingredients, so i'm gonna spray my hair with it, coat with castor oil and twist up.

i bought the generic version of paul mitchell gloss drops to add for shine afterwards.

whew!!!!

all this tonight while doing my own mani/pedi.

just to let you know, everything i just bought from sally's was deeply discounted, so i would up spending no more that $10 on these products.

i'm still looking for a complete line i can stick with, tho, so i thought i'd mix it up this time before i make the big commitment!:lachen:

Back