I need help with my daughter's hair

lisacoop

My three year hair is thick and seems to grow very slow. Although it has grown alot in the last few months I am trying to promote long hair growth. Can anyone suggest any hair care products or tips for hair growth. I have been using the phytospecifics condition and the Phyto shampoo for dry hair on her. Also, can you recommend a nice every day hair oil I can use on her hair. I don't use things with mineral oil since joing this site.

Thanks

Well let me start by saying that my 7 year old sister had the same problem. She was practically bald until she started kindergarten. Her hair was thick, dry, and still grows very slow. But now her hair is past her armpit. A good products that I think works well is Organics for Kids Shea Butter Lotion. It smells wonderful and contains no mineral oil or petroleum. In fact the whole line looks like it has some great products. As far as oil goes. I like the Hot Six Oil. Here's a link to show what the Organics Lotion looks like.

http://www.allurebeautysupply.com/K...gling-Moisturizing-Hair-Lotion_p_137-754.html

I know the ladies here have some great info. HTH and good luck

Honestly, for my daughter hair I keep it simple. I shampoo her hair in braids like the C&C website suggests. Deep condition it. I use detangler, kemi-oil and s-curl to style and that is it. Oh I make her put a scarf on it too. Her hair has grown a past her shoulders this year. Last year it was so short I had to put fake plaits in it so she wouldn't get teased. So she has come a long ways since I joined this website.:grin:

My little girl is 9 and her growth rate has been pretty slow over the years. She is a 3A-3B I believe. She is natural still and I have tried darn there EVERYTHING under the sun. I realized I should find something in a hurry and stick with that. I have the used the Kid's organics and I like it but the moisturizing lotion is very sticky and tacky. It's watery and Deja's hair does better with oil based moisturizers. I really like the B&B castor oil and aloe moisturizer. I use it for pony tails, before braiding and for blow-drying. Her hair seems to love it. Now I can't say enough about Kid's Organics Gro Strong scalp conditioner (hair grease). It has no petroleum or mineral oil and smells sweet like candy. For shampoo and conditioner I stay basic with her, Creme of Nature in the Green bottle moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. The best for her hair so far. Another thing, I gave her hair a trim the last 2 times before she had it braided and all summer long she has been in braids, in between he braids every other night I apply Wild Growth oil and I see her hair is starting to grow now. I think keeping the hair in braids (not tight small braids but even big box braids) and leaving the hair alone as much as possible will make a difference in time. Deja's hair was the same length from the age of 5 to 8 and now it is getting thicker and growing. I also have been on her big time about drinking water and that I believe is helping too.

what is the c&c website, I would like to check it out. i haven't mastered the washing with braids thing on her yet. her hair gets frizzy the very next day after braids, her hair texture is weird like that. I use to get so upset because I would neatly do her hair and the next morning even with wearing a scarf it would look like I did it a week ago. I don't worry about it too much anymore, it it what it is. I am afraid if I wash the braids it will be even worse.

Thanks for all of the great feedback and tips. I did try the Kid's Organic moisturizing lotion when my daughter was around 18 months, it seems to work ok. Zuri's hair is very manageable when it is wet and has a little bit of oil in it, so I will definately try the Kid's organic scalp conditioner. I try to keep it in braids, but I don't know how to braid, so I end up paying someone to do. This week she is wearing the ponytail holders in her hair. I am willing to try all of the products suggested until I get the right combination.

Thanks again,
lisacoop

I have the same problem with my daughters hair, the only difference is her hair is very very soft and easy to comb through. But is dry, and easily frizzed up with moister, with a 5 year old moister is commen playing in the hot summer days. I am going to try the kids organics, I know using Aloe Vera Gel with carrot oil helps her hair alot. And yes she wore her hair in braids for the summer, that help the growth alot, my problem I do not know how to corn row and I don't want to have to pay someone every month $30 to do it, where I am at this time I don't just have a good friend to do it for me. Plus I have to give them something for helping me out...

I would say that both of my daughters (2 and 5 yrs) have 4A, natural hair, very thick and prone to dryness, it grows at a pretty good rate. I have had success with the Qhemet Biologics Amla and olive heavy cream and the Blended Beauty Happy Nappy Styles cream. I use them after shampooing and conditioning and during the week when freshening the braids. I style their hair in medium to large cornrows or plaits pinned up with cute barettes. It keeps their hair moist and growing and they do not contain mineral oil or parabens, which is a plus for our little ones.
To shampoo, I use Aubrey Organics baby shampoo and GPB conditioner. Their hair really likes the GPB. The 5 year olds hair, when pressed not very often), reaches to the mid back and we do not have a lot of long haired folks in the family. I think that it is mostly due to the care. I try to stay away from pig tails because the hair gets really dry after about 3 days.
Hope this helps.:)

PecanSandie,

Where can I find the products that you mentioned. I live in Philly. What is GPB conditioner. I never heard of any of the products you mentioned.

Thanks,
lisacoop

Back