I need help with fake hair! I'm clueless!

sharifeh

Hi ladies,

I'm a dancer and i perform occasionally and I want to stop abusing my real hair all the time for shows. So I want to use clip ins or maybe a half wig with the little combs. I have relaxed hair, so it seems challenging to find hair that matches mine.

What would be the easiest option...clip ins to add volume and/or length? half wig?

Keep in mind that I never worn fake hair in my life so is there anything is that is idiot proof? :lachen: Looking on youtube has been so overwhelming and there's no one in my family that I could turn to either...

Thanks in advance for your help!

I personally love half wigs. Easy to put on and take off, not hard to maintain, and they come in so many styles...love'em. I would give them a try. Clip ins have to really match as far as texture to me, since you'd be blending them in with your hair a lot more than a half wig. I watch muffinismylovers on YouTube and that's where I learned a lot of what I know about blending half wigs and wigs period.

sharifeh how do you wear your hair when you dance? Is it loose and flowing or does it have to be up? Is there an example of a look online you'd like to pull off? Maybe that will allow those with similar-looking half wigs make recommendations and give you tips on how to make them work.

A phony pony might work, plus you can dress it up with accessories. I'm not versed in the hair brands though others can chime in.

sharifeh how do you wear your hair when you dance? Is it loose and flowing or does it have to be up? Is there an example of a look online you'd like to pull off? Maybe that will allow those with similar-looking half wigs make recommendations and give you tips on how to make them work.

Hi Nonie,

It's loose and flowing.... and I usually have it blown out by the dominicans, so it's straight,

I personally love half wigs. Easy to put on and take off, not hard to maintain, and they come in so many styles...love'em. I would give them a try. Clip ins have to really match as far as texture to me, since you'd be blending them in with your hair a lot more than a half wig. I watch muffinismylovers on YouTube and that's where I learned a lot of what I know about blending half wigs and wigs period.

Ok, thank you!
What you're saying makes a lot of sense, I will check out that youtube channel

A phony pony might work, plus you can dress it up with accessories. I'm not versed in the hair brands though others can chime in.

A ponytail is also a good suggestion, I've heard those are easier to just put on...

Thanks!

What does "fullcap" mean? :look: When I'm looking at half wigs I see that term alot

Thanks for the support ladies!

Back