I need help to find a moisturizer

Angel of the North

I need a moisturizer that is cone, paraben, mineral oil free and easy to get hold of from the UK. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm looking for something that is preferably in a liquid form.

MTIA

ETA: I am also looking for something that preferably has no proteins in it.

Last edited:
You might want to focus on natural brands. Check out the British Curlies online store, there are tons of choices there. I like Darcys Botanicals, Curls, Komaza, Bee Mine. All are paraben, 'cone, mineral oil and (mostly)protein free.
If you're not a fan of online shopping try one of the bigger Paks stores; they carry some natural lines eg Curls.

Sent from my iPhone

Do you know what main emollient you hair tends to favor? Coconut oil? Shea butter? Mango butter? Cocoa butter?

I think you can narrow your search if you know that bit of information and then only try those product which contain that ingredient in high concentrations.

i think qhemet biologics is carried in the uk i'll tag Napata for ya.

email companies like komaza, shea mositure/nubian heritage, eden bodyworks, aubrey's,darcy's, hydroquench systems, claudies revitalizer, etc. to see if they have distributors across the pond.

darcy's would be worth your while if you ordered online when she has 15% or more off if you ordered 16oz sizes of everything....someone was saying she may even be coming up with gallon sizes. you could pour what you needed in smaller containers and stash the rest in the fridge.:yep:

i make a habit if i order extra product to store what i don't use in the fridge, whatever else is kept under the sink in the bathroom away from steam when i take a shower. my aubrey's condtion and shampoo are ok stored in the shower.

Last edited:
You might want to focus on natural brands. Check out the British Curlies online store, there are tons of choices there. I like Darcys Botanicals, Curls, Komaza, Bee Mine. All are paraben, 'cone, mineral oil and (mostly)protein free.
If you're not a fan of online shopping try one of the bigger Paks stores; they carry some natural lines eg Curls.

Sent from my iPhone

Thank you for your suggestions, I'm definitely going to check them out, funnily enough, I was in Paks yesterday I could spend hours in there, :lol:

Do you know what main emollient you hair tends to favor? Coconut oil? Shea butter? Mango butter? Cocoa butter?

I think you can narrow your search if you know that bit of information and then only try those product which contain that ingredient in high concentrations.

Thank you for the suggestion, my hair reacts well to most emollients, at some stage or another I've used all of the ones you've mentioned without any problems, I can't say there's one I prefer to another. I'm trying to focus more on finding a product without the ingredients I mentioned earlier than searching for a particular emollient based type. If I can find a few lines to look at, I will check out their ingredients and make a choice based on that.

There are so many lines that we do not have in the UK and I'm so over and done with the customs charges for importing. That's why I would like to find something I can just pick up off of the shelf.

i think qhemet biologics is carried in the uk i'll tag Napata for ya.

There is only one supplier in London and it's on the other side to the part where I'm based. I made the effort for a year to go there and get it, but the whole thing got tedious, the salon would send a text to say it would be delivered on/by a date, you could get there on or after the stated date to hear there's been problems with customs and it's taking longer to get the shipment cleared, they may even forget to let you know when it actually arrives, so when you call on the off chance to check, you find out that one of the moisturizers you've been waiting on has already sold out. When you're relying on a product as a staple it can sometimes get difficult in that circumstance, especially if you run out. I just want to be able to walk into a store and pick up my moisturizer.

So I went onto the britishcurlies website and had a look at the moisturizers, I remember stumbling across this site around 4 years ago when I was looking for advice on natural hair before I relaxed, I don't recall them having such a wide range of products back then, it definitely looks like it has expanded somewhat.

Anyway, I just thought I'd let you know I found a few I like the look of and decided to post the info and ingredients as it may help someone else who's having difficulty finding for a similar type of moisturizer. I chose the last two moisturizers because they have protein/s in them, for times when I need it:

1. Bee Mine Deja's hair milk ( I'm really feeling this one), it is everything I'm looking for and comes in mango or coconut scents

Deja'a hair milk info and ingredients:

Deja's hair milk has many benefits for the health and condition of your hair. It's lightweight but very moisturizing. The oils and butters will nourish and naturally moisturize every strand of your tresses without leaving your hair greasy. The grapefruit essential oil strengthens and keeps your hair healthy while the peppermint essential oil helps to stimulate growth.

Good for all hair types, natural, relaxed, braids and weaves too. We aim to help your hair be the healthiest it can be.

Use Deja's Hair Milk to: Defrizz, moisturize on damp hair, as a second day refresher, detangler or leave in.

Ingredients: Distilled water, Coconut milk, Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Butyrosperumum Parkir (Shea Butter), Emulsifying wax, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa Butter), Prunus dulcis (Almond Oil), Grapefruit & Peppermint Essential Oils, Paraben & Formaldehyde Free Preservative, Vitamin E, Panthenol (Vitamin B Complex), Fragrance.

99% Natural & Organic

Ingredient Highlights: Silicone- Free, Protein-Free, Glycerin-Free, Paraben-Free

2. Komaza shea butter hair lotion

This creamy moisturizing hair lotion is great for dry, brittle hair. It is not too heavy and not too light. It’s easily absorbed so it doesn’t weigh hair down. Also gives hair great heat and UV protection. pH Balance 4.5

Ingredients:

Purified water Dipalmitoylethyldimonium Chloride (A derivative of Palm Oil), Shea Butter, Shea nut oil, Coconut Oil, Aloe Vera, Soybean oil,Nettles,Horsetail, Rosemary, Peppermint, Marshmallow, Behenetrimonium,Quaternium 87, Jojoba Protein, Silk Amino Acid, Cellulose (Thickener), Panthenol, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B6, Allantoin, Citric acid, vegetarian fragrance, potassium sorbate, cinnamon cassia.

3. Komaza care coconut hair milk.

Created for wavy to loose curly hair. This leave-in conditioner enhances curls giving hair a tighter curl pattern without a sticky residue and frizz. This product should be used in conjunction with a hair lotion or moisture sealant. pH Balance 4.5

Ingredients:

Distilled water,Dipalmitoylethyldimonium Chloride (A derivative of Palm Oil), Coconut Milk, Coconut Oil, aloe vera butter, Aloe Vera Juice, Behentrimonium, Polyquatrnium 10, Soybean oil, nettles, horsetail, rosemary, peppermint, marshmallow, jojoba oil, vitamin E, vitamin C, vitamin B3, Pro vitamin B5, vitamin B6, Allatoin, Hydrolyzed Silk Amino Acid Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Cinnamom Cassia.

4. Bee mine lucious balance cream moisturizer (comes in mango or coconut scent)

This moisturizer is enriched with pro-vitamins, natural proteins and healing butters that heal seal and nourish your hair and scalp. Beautiful hair requires a complete balance of moisture and protein to prevent breakage. This light cream moisturizer help to prevent split ends and strengthen hair from root to tip.

Directions: Apply a small amount to hair and scalp as needed. Style as desired.

Ingredients: Distilled water, Hydrogenated Persea gratissima (Avocado) Seed Oil, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil (and) Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Persea gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Emulsifying wax, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Paraben & Formaldehyde Free Preservative & Fragrance (Coconut Cream).

Last edited:
Keracare naturals is a great leave that's available on the ground

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Keracare naturals is a great leave that's available on the ground

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Thank you, I'm off to check it out

ETA: looks pretty decent bar one ingredient, that's half way down the ingredients list, they also sell it in my local bss

Last edited:
Angel of the North what did you decide to go with? All my moisturizers are either shipped to me from US, or I order from British Curlies. Hairveda is a good line for moisturizers. I like the Green tea or Almond glaze.

What's your ratio of dilution for the AOWC? Thanks

HairPatience Angel of the North
I aplogize for not seeing this sooner. I mix a few squirts of WC in water. I don't measure, I just go for a foamy mixture. If it's not foamy, I add more WC until it foams up. The foam lets me know I have a good balance of water/conditioner. I don't add oils to my mixture. I use this as my daily spritz. On wash day I follow the LOC method for leave ins.
L - AOWC mixture
O - avocado oil
C - straight AOWC (no diluting)

Bajanmum I've decided to go with Bee Mine Deja's milk and Lucious balance to begin with but, I still have a couple of bottles of Keracare Oil Moisturizer and and ORS Olive Oil that I want to use up before I purchase them.

ETA: I will be purchasing from British curlies

Last edited:
HairPatience Angel of the North
I aplogize for not seeing this sooner. I mix a few squirts of WC in water. I don't measure, I just go for a foamy mixture. If it's not foamy, I add more WC until it foams up. The foam lets me know I have a good balance of water/conditioner. I don't add oils to my mixture. I use this as my daily spritz. On wash day I follow the LOC method for leave ins.
L - AOWC mixture
O - avocado oil
C - straight AOWC (no diluting)

divachyk What is L, O, C?

Back