I need help! relaxed on Sat. and breaking ever since

MuslimahTresses

Hi ladies, I don't post often i usually just soak up all the info from everyone else :grin: But I need help. I tried ORS no lye relaxer on Saturday and it was a horrible experience at first. Everything was going good until I realized after nutralizing like 8 times that I skiped the protien step. I usually rinse, then add motions silk protien, then rinse and nutralize. But i was so anixous I forgot about it. So after I finally finished nutralizing I wanted to go ahead and use the motions but I thought it was too late, so instead I used the replenishing pak that came in the box, and my hair was awful. I mean it was gummy and just nasty, I 've never ever felt my hair like that after a relaxer lye or no lye. It was sticky and gummy, even my hands felt the same after I touched my hair.

It was nice and silky before I put the replenishing pk in it. So I tried to undo the gummy sticky feeling by nutralizing again. It took the gummy sticky feeling out but made my hair dry and very stiff. So then I used the motions for about 5-10 minutes. It softend it up a bit but it was still stiff and stuck together really bad. So next, i used pantene firzz down to add moisture. It was too moisturized and weak after that.

So i thought maybe I should clarify and start fresh. So i used Fantaisa IC Pure tTea to calrify. And It made a big big difference. I was relieved even though it was dry I knew it cleaned my hair, so next i used Roux Porosity Control Conditioner and did the trick. It went back to the silky way it was before i used the replenishing pak.

After all that I didn't even want to use the ceramics at all so I just wraped it witht the setting lotion that came in the box. I really like that stuff. My hair came out soft and bouncy with breakage. And it's been breaking ever since. I tried mpisturizing and i still get the same amount of breakage. I used Scurl and sealed with Africans Best Oil. So now what. Wait a full week then wash with a moisturizing shampoo, then a protien treatment, then a moisturizing conditioner or is all this wrong. I'm really stuck now. My seamless comb looks like my old goody comb afer I'm done combing my hair. I need some help.Please:(

Last edited:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but your hair might be overmoisturized and you may need a protein treatment. Did you do one a week before your relaxer? Usually people do it a week before and a week after.

test a strand of your hair, is it stretching stretching stretching then breaking or does it just snap when you pull. If it's the former, then you might need a protein treatment. If it's the latter, then you might need some more moisture, but I don't think it's that.

I agree with Raven. Mushy, gummy hair is over moisturized. You may need to do a good protein conditioner and strengthen back up your strands.

Also, please remember that if a relaxer comes in a box, it is not a lye relaxer.

I hope you get the breakage under control.

My suggestion would be to use a chelating shampoo and then deep condition with a conditioner that you are familiar with.

Did you check to make sure that the relaxer had not expired? Did you let the neutralizer sit on your hair for 5 minutes? ... It doesn't matter how *many* time you neutralize, if the neutralizer is not in contact with the hair for 5 minutes, then it hasn't been completely neutralized.

LiLi said:
Also, please remember that if a relaxer comes in a box, it is not a lye relaxer.

I hope you get the breakage under control.

My suggestion would be to use a chelating shampoo and then deep condition with a conditioner that you are familiar with.

Did you check to make sure that the relaxer had not expired? Did you let the neutralizer sit on your hair for 5 minutes? ... It doesn't matter how *many* time you neutralize, if the neutralizer is not in contact with the hair for 5 minutes, then it hasn't been completely neutralized.

ORS does have a lye relaxer out now....not sure about the packaging though. I've only seen it online:)

CaramelPrincezz said:
ORS does have a lye relaxer out now....not sure about the packaging though. I've only seen it online:)

It comes in a green jar and states that it is lye on the front.

Back