I Need Help QUICK! Pressing My Hair Today...

loverofnaps71

Greeting, lovely ladies! I am pressing my hair today and need some help fast. Is there a product that I need to apply before blow drying my hair? In other words, is there something I can use to protect from heat styling. Should I use Lotta Body for extra bounce? And finally, is there any particular pressing cream or oil that I should use?

Thanks so much. Hopefully I can get pics up as well... /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

I know that other ladies have mentioned Loreal Nature's Therapy

They have a heat control product (I have not used it before though).

Loreal Natures Therapy Heat Control Leave-In 4oz
16021.jpg

ETA: Description: Sheilds hair agains damage from heat styling appliances. Banishes frizzies and split ends.

BTW,

party-smiley-015.gif

If I were you, I would skip the Lotta body (setting lotion, right?) and do the following:
1. wash and deep condition
2. detangle well (use detangler if necessary - I REALLY like Kids Organics Shea Lotion)
3. leave-in
4. blow dry lotion (i like TCB Heatsense, but I think it's discontinued) OR serum (serums will make your hair shiny and light, so it should stay that way after you press)
5. press with a VERY light oil if necessary (I actually don't really use oil at this stage because my hair is moist enough from the deep con and the serum locking all that in) - some people here rec Dudleys Creme Press, and I'd add WGO to that list

HTH

Back