I need help growing out the Front Portion of my hair

Candy1978

Hey Yall,

I have been MIA for a while, and I am soooooooo happy to be back in the company of all my Sistahs Worldwide. Anyways, my hair is finally APL length, however, I am having trouble growing out the front portion of my hair (the part that really gives you that Ohhh She's got llong hair look). Do you guys have any tips. Also, I want to start wearing my natural hair out more to show my progress, and I want to know does anyone know of any treatments or way to keep hair from frizzing when the hair is worn down. take care all..oh and check out my progress pics!

When you say the front portion do you mean your temples or just the hair length? I and a lot of others have been using MegaTek or Ovation to help with thickness and growing out hair so do a search on those threads. For dealing with frizzies, check out Moisture Block by Sabino (search) or Aveda anti humectant pomade, I've used both but can't attest to the latter as I haven't used it that much, from the few times I've used the MB, I do believe that it did work but I haven't done a true test....

I actually mean the length of my hair in the front, like the top and bangs. I have been wearing weaves and that has actually helped me to achieve a lot of growth in the back, but I need the top portion and bangs to catch up. I will try the products you mentioned. Is anyone else having the same dilema?

i'm having this same problem, i think it's because i'm manipulating the front (bangs) portion and sides moreso than the back. i don't think my sides or front will ever catch up :( i do like to keep my bangs tho, but seems like the sides are problematic as well....especially since i wear ponytails a lot, i think that's also the cause of it.

I have that dilema. Growth serum helped me alot. Hard protein treatments.Moisturze and protecting the ends too. HTH

I have the same problem. The middle and back of my hair grow fine, but the sides/front take forever and they're so much thinner than the rest of my hair. I'm thinking about using OCT on that section to see if it helps.

Leave it alone. Really. I had the same problem and they are catching up really fast. It took a good 9 months of good hair care but since its further up your head (if that makes any sense) it takes longer. Ya just gota be patient.

Leave it alone. Really. I had the same problem and they are catching up really fast. It took a good 9 months of good hair care but since its further up your head (if that makes any sense) it takes longer. Ya just gota be patient.

Same here. I just relaxed last night and was so surprised how long my hair looked from the front. I was having a really hard time growing that same area, but it just took time and patience and it eventually "caught up" to the rest of my hair.

iM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM.....the crown and front of my hair is the coarsest even tho i have fine textured natural 4b tresses....it knots up the fastest and i think that's what causes it to break off....it also shrinks up the most...now my sides and back (besides the middle nape) grow just fine....i started MT towards the end of August, i will be using BT and BM too and applying extra moisture to that area to try to give it a boost...im hoping to see noticeable positive results by 12/2008:yep:

I have a widow's peak and had NEVER had a full fringe, plus Ghana braids didn't help, styling my hair forward (in a fringe/side fringe) using a growth aide and concentrating my conditioners and moisture on the area has made my hair fill out!

yeah, i just started my hair journey about a week or so back, and i can definitely attribute the shortness in the front and sides of my hair to the use of weaves. the crown is much longer. i suppose when we wear weaves, just because the inside is taken care of, we forget to truly care for the outside. i've been reading the mega-tek/OCT posts A LOT, and am seriously considering purchasing one or the other to help my edges and sides come alive! but i also agree with shtow and gabulldawg, it will take some time.

oh, and btw, for gabulldawg... TO HELL WITH GEORGIA!!! -wrambling wreck here.

Back