I need help...(breakage)

MrsWatson

Okay, so for the past couple of weeks i've been getting breakage. I think its due to lack of protein. I say this because when I pull on the broken pieces and they stretch before snapping. I was thinking of going to Sallys after class and buying the Aphogee 2 minute treatment. I was going to follow that by using the Neutrogena Triple Moisture Mask. Do you all think this will solve my problem? Or should i go another route? Also, how long should I leave the Aphogee on for? And should I wash (clarify) my hair before using it or put it on dry hair? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks....

From what you have said, it does sound like you need a little protein. The 2 minute treatment is a good one to start with. When it comes to protein, buildup slowly to help reduce the risk of overshooting it. Its much harder to deal with too much protein than not enough. If its been awhile since you have clarified, then you can go ahead and do that too. If you do that, follow it with your protein and then your moisture. Then when its time for the next wash, do the stretch test again to see where you fall then and then act accordingly.

both!! its crazy! im sitting in class right now and every time i touch it, i bring my hand down with hair in it!

You may want to try the original Aphogee treatment. That doesn't sound too good. This sounds like weak hair and a desperate need for protein.

I used the Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor and it reduced my breakage, but that was just a mild protein treatment. You may need to use the original version for this. Do follow up with a deep condition (Cholesterol, Mask, etc.) because this will make the hair seem even more brittle.

After this treatment, I would say follow up on anti-breakage, leave-in conditioners and low maintenance until it's back to normal. Tresemme has an Anti-Breakage line of shampoos and conditioners. This helped me reduce the amount of breakage I had, along with Infusium 23 Repairologie Leave-In. But I'm only recommending what I've used.

Hope that helps!

Back