I Need Help asap..

bluerose17

Hi everyone, I'm kind of a newcomer to the board, and just made my first post a few days ago. I am in big trouble. Yesterday I washed my hair with clarifying shampoo, and applied the heavy aphogee protein treatment since my hair has been breaking and shedding a LOT for the past year. After I let it dry hard and washed it out, I applied a deep moisturizing conditioner and sat under the dryer for 20 min. I then washed it out and applied some serum and UBH moisturizer. I let it air dry in a bun, and this morning when I took my hair down, and started gently combing through, it started breaking again. I mean I can even run my hands through it and it will come out. It feels very soft right now and I also noticed that when I washed out the conditioner yesterday, my hair felt knd of mushy. I just don't know what to do, I'm almost scared to touch it.

Last edited:
Which UBH moisturizer did you use??? What kind of deep conditioner did you use??

I think the creme UBH moisturizer is heavy in protein!

Don't touch it,

I would wash it, with a moisturizing poo, and deep condition it with a moisturizing conditioner with honey and some oil.

Personally, it sounds like you need to up up the moisture. Maybe you conditioner wasn't moisturizing enough

Yeah I used the creme lotion moisturizer, and I used elasta qp dpr 11 as a deep conditioner. I think I will wash and condition again. I had no idea that the lotion moisturizer was heavy in protein, thanks for telling me.

If the hair is mushy, doesnt that mean that it is over moisturized and in need of protein?:confused:

Also, to the OP, when was the last time you clarified?

I have always been under the impression that Cathy Howse's Oil Moisturizer had no protein in it at all...she was always complaining about products that contain protein..so that's why she created her own. I have noticed in the past that when using her oil mosturizer my hair would shed...

Based on what the Hair Breakage sticky post said, if the hair feels mushy then it's lacking protein, and my hair did feel kind of mushy when I washed out the deep conditioner which I can't understand because I had just used the heavy protein treatment.

As far as the clarifying shampoo, that was the first time I've used one in a long time.

jasmin1017 said:
Hi everyone, I'm kind of a newcomer to the board, and just made my first post a few days ago. I am in big trouble. Yesterday I washed my hair with clarifying shampoo, and applied the heavy aphogee protein treatment since my hair has been breaking and shedding a LOT for the past year. After I let it dry hard and washed it out, I applied a deep moisturizing conditioner and sat under the dryer for 20 min. I then washed it out and applied some serum and UBH moisturizer. I let it air dry in a bun, and this morning when I took my hair down, and started gently combing through, it started breaking again. I mean I can even run my hands through it and it will come out. It feels very soft right now and I also noticed that when I washed out the conditioner yesterday, my hair felt knd of mushy. I just don't know what to do, I'm almost scared to touch it.

Here are the ingredients to UBH Creme.

Purified Water, Olive Oil, 1-Octadecanol, Cetrimonium Bromide,
dl-Panthenol, Allantoin, Lecithin, Dimethicone Copolyol, Methylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Propylparaben, Retinol, Tocopherol.

It is the conditioner that is loaded with protein, not the moisturizer. I assume you mean the moisturizer. I almost gasped when I thought you had put the conditioner on after Aphogee. That's courting disaster!!!!

NEVER comb airdried hair!!!!!! I only needed to comb mine once to learn this lesson. My airdried hair breaks more easily. It doesn't dry smooth and straight (I'm texlaxed) so combing it is asking for trouble. Another thing, my hair hates conditioners with keratin. If I use it, my hair breaks. I use reconstructors instead, like Emergencee and 5-n-1 when I need to attend to breakage issues. Everyone's hair is different and what works for one will not work for others. You will find what works soon enough. HTH

jasmin1017 said:
Based on what the Hair Breakage sticky post said, if the hair feels mushy then it's lacking protein, and my hair did feel kind of mushy when I washed out the deep conditioner which I can't understand because I had just used the heavy protein treatment.

As far as the clarifying shampoo, that was the first time I've used one in a long time.

Hmmmm. I would say to clarify again... maybe you can use an ACV rinse? The treatments that you just did to your hair did not work. So if I were you, I would clarify, wash with a moisturizing pooh and do weak protein conditioners until the hair is back to normal.

If you dont use it already, I recommend Profectiv Breakfree. It is a leave-in that has small amounts of protein in it. I use it everyday and sometimes as a rinse-out and it keeps my hair balanced. Some people use it less often, but I find that it controls breakage and shedding.

if your hair is breaking as bad as you say then you shouldn't be using such a heavy protein treatment on it. it will break your hair more. all i can think of is to start aggressive deep conditioning treatments with moisturizing conditioners and good daily moisturizers. do this for a month and then do your aphogee treatment. your hair will be stronger by then so it won't break as much.

Thanx to all of y'all and to goldensensation, as far as leave in conditioners I have the Cantu leave in and Giovanni Direct..would those be okay for light protein?

Last edited:
I've noticed that most of the ladies don't use the Aphogee balancing moisturizer right after rinsing the treatment out. Have you tried it? Whenever I do the treatment I always use it, when left in for time suggested or little longer it softens my hair . I just did one Saturday and after rinsing the moisturizer out I used Humectress Moisturizing Conditioner cover w/ plastic cap for 30 mins, rinsed and used Rusk smoother leave-in (helps w/ stretching my new growth) air dried a little then blow dried w/comb attachment and that Rusk really makes it hard to tell you need a touch up (makes it very manageable) Thanks to Sylver2. But yes,like MizaniMami said I think you need to use a moisturizing cond. I don't think you need to use those other products w/ protein in them right after the extreme treatment it was too much protein( which can cause breakage).I agree w/MizaniMami that you need to use a good moisturizing shampoo/conditioner. This is my 2 cents, Hope this helps.
One thing for sure you will definitely get alot of good advice on your situation from these ladies here on this forum. I just love this forum.

No I didn't buy the Aphogee balancing moisturizer mainly because of all the bad reviews I read on it here, but next time I'll probably try it. I'll be sure to use a moisturizing shampoo, and I do have some Nexxus Humectress so I'll use that when I wash my hair again. Thanks a lot.

jasmin1017 said:
No I didn't buy the Aphogee balancing moisturizer mainly because of all the bad reviews I read on it here, but next time I'll probably try it. I'll be sure to use a moisturizing shampoo, and I do have some Nexxus Humectress so I'll use that when I wash my hair again. Thanks a lot.
When I first read your post there was only one response, once I finished I read the others and noticed about the clarifying the hair. I did clarify w/ Suave( the one compared to Rusk clarifying poo, it's purple) then wash w/ Aphogee poo for damaged hair,then did the treatment and everything I mentioned before. Next day I used Neutragena Triple Moisture silk touch(does leave hair soft and silky)(Thanks Sylver2) leavein w/ little Motion lotion #9 oil by Surge and put hair in twisted bun w/ good day hair pin and satin scarf til next day. Just wanted to add this. Hope everything works out for you.

Jasmin,
You don't mention using heat with aphogee ..but you did right? You sat under a dryer for the Aphogee?

Also, are you shedding or breaking?

Yes, i sat under the dryer with the aphogee until my hair hardened before I washed it out..and my hair was mainly breaking this morning when I took it down and rubbed my hands through it, and also when I combed..but I washed it again earlier this afternoon with a moisturizing shampoo, used Nexxus Humectress, and put Olive Oil hair lotion on it before I blow dryed it..didn't really comb it while wet..but once it dried, I gently combed through it and only lot a couple of strands which is great..so I'll see how it does tomorrow..thanks again to everyone..

Back