I NEED HELP AFTER AIR-DRYING(PLEASE)

Starburst954

I NEED BIG HELP, I JUST STARTED STRECHING MY RELAXER IN JANUARY AND IM ABOUT TO GIVE UP. MY HAIR IS ROUGH AND NOT SOFT AT ALL.:wallbash: i WASH IT EVERY FIRDAY, THEM LET IT AIRDRY, BUT IT DRYS TO BECOME ROUGHT AND HAIRS AND UNMANAGBLE.:perplexed WHAT DO I DO TO MAKE IT SOFT AND ESSCIALY THE NEWGROWTH. i WANT MY HAIR TO BE NICE AND SILKEY AND I WANT TO BE ABLE TO RUN MY FINGERS THROUGH MY NEWGROWTH. PLEASE HELP ASAP. THANK YOU

I deep condition b4 air drying and I air dry with a leave-in and a really small amount of oil....
I tried to stretch this last time and couldn't hang ...I don't think stretching is for me

I highly suggest Chi Silk Infusion. Since I started using that my airdryings are wonderful. I use my regular leave in, then I use the CSI. It's expensive but it will last you a LONG time. Even when my wet hair is rough and unmanageable after I wash, CSI will make it dry soft and silky.

Good luck

have u tried air drying it in a couple of braids or twists? that is what helps me and it i am sure that all of my hair gets moisturized. after i wash i towel dry it as best i can then i put it in one braid, coat my hair with a moisturizer and oil, then clip up. when i take the braid out my hair is nice and soft and moisturized. if i try to leave it out to air dry it tends to feel kinda dry.

Hmmm....I'm about 11 weeks post on my relaxer and my NG is always soft and nice to touch. I would say that if you are washing every friday are you pre-pooing? I've found doing this with alma oil overnight has really made my NG softer and then I do a shorter one with a conditioner of my choice one hour before washing. Also are you DCing after you wash? Because if you aren't this could also be your problem. After I wash I apply a moisturizing leave in and seal with a tiny bit of vatika oil and then let it ary dry under a satin scarf. If you are doing all of this and detangling - I forgot that detangling is huge to keep my NG managable especially on my nape. I do all of these and my NG stays soft. If none of these things work, then I do a caramel molasses treatment for my NG the next time I wash...and this has never failed to leave my NG soft so soft that I can't stop touching it! :yep:

Also here is the relaxer stretcher's thread...they have a lot of good ideas too. HTH.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=118195

Hmmm....I'm about 11 weeks post on my relaxer and my NG is always soft and nice to touch. I would say that if you are washing every friday are you pre-pooing? I've found doing this with alma oil overnight has really made my NG softer and then I do a shorter one with a conditioner of my choice one hour before washing. Also are you DCing after you wash? Because if you aren't this could also be your problem. After I wash I apply a moisturizing leave in and seal with a tiny bit of vatika oil and then let it ary dry under a satin scarf. If you are doing all of this and detangling - I forgot that detangling is huge to keep my NG managable especially on my nape. I do all of these and my NG stays soft. If none of these things work, then I do a caramel molasses treatment for my NG the next time I wash...and this has never failed to leave my NG soft so soft that I can't stop touching it! :yep:

Also here is the relaxer stretcher's thread...they have a lot of good ideas too. HTH.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=118195

I agee with her! I pre poo/dry condish with a good moisturizing condish and leave on for 30mins to an hr. Then I gently wash w/ diluted poo, then I DC with a great DC. Then I rinse and detangle, add my leave in and seal w/ a little coconut oil. I let it dry in a pony tail w/ a scarf over my edges. This works wonders. My NG is amazing. Sometimes, I might oil rinse before I DC... I use castor oil mixed w/ avacado oil... For some reason, it keeps the hair very moist and easy to detangle. (castor oil is a humectant). HTH

I'm at 16 weeks post and my hair needs a good leave in and moisture. I then just put it in a bun and leave it alone.

You could wash with conditioner instead of shampoo and I like oil rinses after washing. and always follow with deep conditoner and a plastic cap ad finish with leave-in and oil. airdry. done. Maybe you using something with too much protein and not enough moisturizing ingredients. hope that helps!

I NEED BIG HELP, I JUST STARTED STRECHING MY RELAXER IN JANUARY AND IM ABOUT TO GIVE UP. MY HAIR IS ROUGH AND NOT SOFT AT ALL.:wallbash: i WASH IT EVERY FIRDAY, THEM LET IT AIRDRY, BUT IT DRYS TO BECOME ROUGHT AND HAIRS AND UNMANAGBLE.:perplexed WHAT DO I DO TO MAKE IT SOFT AND ESSCIALY THE NEWGROWTH. i WANT MY HAIR TO BE NICE AND SILKEY AND I WANT TO BE ABLE TO RUN MY FINGERS THROUGH MY NEWGROWTH. PLEASE HELP ASAP. THANK YOU
I airdry in a rollerset (overnight) and this straightens and smoothes out my hair. Some of the ladies here will add a step and use a flat iron on their newgrowth.

what i do is leave hair dripping and add alittle hairvedas moist 24/7 condish as a leave in, i use qhemets side tree or olive and alma heavy and air dry using the ponytail method and tie down with a scarve while drying it works great for me and roots are flat to my head and hair is soft.

you can try deep conditioning washes and then putting in a leave in and seal it with oil. I usually put my hair is 4 large braids afterwards so I can rock a braid out and not have to deal with combing plus it cuts down on tangling
Hope this helps

chi silk infusion. put a bit of that on after putting on leave-in conditioner. it makes my hair air dry a lot softer n smoother.

but chi's really expensive. these serums work pretty well:

ion silk drops
paul mitchell super skinny serum

Maybe you should look into products that contain silk amino acids. And silk proteins. Also you might need some kind of oil to put onto your new growth.

I love the ic Fantasia PM Oil treatment. it sprays in a fine mist.

99% of the time I airdry. I always make sure to use some sort of leave in while my hair is damp. Then when it's a little drier but not dry and not sopping I moisturize and have started applying a generous amount of coconut oil to my cranky NG then I ponytail or bun, tie on a scarf and call it a day.

Back