I need HELP 911!! from NATURAL/TRANSITIONERS

drjo91

I just saw this post ITCHING TO BC and now i feel like doing the BC myself. My last relaxer was on January 19,2008 but i have a small problem. I went to the Dominican Republic on July, so i relaxed my edges and the front part so i have more new growth all around my hair. I then relaxed just the front part while being in Dr in August and so now i have some new growth in the front. However, all over my head i have 3 to 4 inches of NG and i can't take this anymore. My relaxed ends look like a small stick compared to my natural hair. It is breaking off, i have hard time doing rollersets, detangling because of the relaxed ends. Like i said, THEY ARE BREAKING OFF. I don't really give a damn about having short hair b.c while being relaxed i once cut my hair really short so to me that is not a problem. The problem is that i am going to have some straight hair in the front so what should i do....I REPEAT!! I can't take this anymore, dealing with the damn relaxed ends...its like i have this thick a.ss strand and then a tiny relaxed end.

Go ahead on and do the BC, seeing as you don't care about having short hair. But as for your relaxed front, possibly you can try using some gel to try and maybe scrunch the straightish parts to blend in with the natural hair? I mean, it's only a temp fix at least until it grows out some more so that you can cut it. But other than the scrunching, I honestly don't know, hopefully others will come in chime in on this one.

Oh and just thought of another idea....maybe if you can use some headbands/scarfs to lay the front edges down also. Like an accessory maybe?

Either way, I'm sure it'll look great! :)

i am trying to imagine what you described. i think if you are ready to cut go for it. you know what you are working with with those relaxed pieces (but not sure why you did that. im not judging, just trying to see where your mind is). you can cut and then braid or twist the front to blend it in maybe until it grows out. oh, i am natural by the way:grin:

i am trying to imagine what you described. i think if you are ready to cut go for it. you know what you are working with with those relaxed pieces (but not sure why you did that. im not judging, just trying to see where your mind is). you can cut and then braid or twist the front to blend it in maybe until it grows out. oh, i am natural by the way:grin:

Hey, its only a small part in the front, the reason why i relaxed it was because i was celebrating my 17th bday over there so i couldn't go looking like crap. I had the relaxed and natural hair so i just relaxed(the front part) to blend the hair wtih the weave that i got until i had enough NG to do the BC. I just did it becausei was staying there for two months but i am never going to get a weave again or any of that stuff. Look at my siggy!! I have all that new growth, except in the front i have a little bit!! Do you understand now?

Ok ladies thanks so much!! I am going to do the BC tomorrow because now my hair is dry because i got some rollers done...i did a henna. I am going to cut it tomorrow. Anyways, i will be cowashing daily now!! CAN anyone tell me a good cheap conditioner that will give me good slips?

Ok ladies thanks so much!! I am going to do the BC tomorrow because now my hair is dry because i got some rollers done...i did a henna. I am going to cut it tomorrow. Anyways, i will be cowashing daily now!! CAN anyone tell me a good cheap conditioner that will give me good slips?
HE Hello Hydration & Totally Twisted are pretty good IMO. Also Trader Joe's Nourish Spa and Suave Humectant to name a few. Suave & V05 seems to be the most used from what I gather. HTH!

I use suave strawberries and cream. It's really inexpensive but gets the job done. Also, as a natural, I find that my hair is soooooo much easier to detangle when I don't use shampoo. Try using baking soda and water mixed. I can finger comb my hair when I use this and it makes my hair feel like butta. HTH

I use suave strawberries and cream. It's really inexpensive but gets the job done. Also, as a natural, I find that my hair is soooooo much easier to detangle when I don't use shampoo. Try using baking soda and water mixed. I can finger comb my hair when I use this and it makes my hair feel like butta. HTH

Girl, i know about that baking soda lol. I won't use the shampoo that i bought because it has SULFATE in it so it dries my hair a lot. I am just going to do Cowashes and the baking soda mix. Thanks so much!!! I will buy KCCC in the future.

I SECOND VO5...suave tropical coconut till i got sick of the smell...organix conditioners are yummy...the nourish spa is really good.

Back